Data Encryption on File Servers
A lot has been said about methods of protecting data stored on local computers. A very interesting question raised by many organizations is whether data stored on central file servers requires special protection. Does this data need encryption? What are the risks? What are the mitigation techniques? This paper tries to provide a brief answer to these questions. It also gives a few examples of different encryption solutions and technologies.
KeywordsData Encryption Virtual Server File Server Client Computer Encryption Rule
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [Decr05] Decru: DataFort Administration Guide for E-Series DataFort, 2005Google Scholar
- [Utim05] Utimaco Safeware A.G.: SafeGuard LAN Crypt Administration, version 3.21, 2005Google Scholar
- [Cohe04]Cohen, Fred: Database Security: Protecting the Critical Content of the Enterprise, Burton Group, 2004Google Scholar
- [RsaS02]RSA Security: Securing Data at Rest: Developing a Database Encryption Strategy, 2002Google Scholar
- [Henr06]Henry, Trent: Rights Management: Driving Security to the Data, Burton Group, 2006Google Scholar
- [GrKo03]Gruener, Jamie and Kovar, Matthew: Abridged Report, The Emerging Storage Security Challenge, The Yankee Group, 2003Google Scholar