The Complexities of Developing Accessible Web Content for Mobile Devices
This paper is concerned with the development of accessible mobile content and the complexities that arise during this process. The paper gives an overview of the popularity and advantages of mobile devices before tackling the issues surrounding content development, particularly within an educational context. The paper concludes with an overview of an application that was developed for higher education students within a UK college that had a mobile counterpart, allowing the artefact to transcend the typical desktop environment.
KeywordsMobile Phone Mobile Device Smart Phone Content Development High Education Student
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Jones, M & Marsden G. (2006). Mobile Interaction Design. John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., Mobile Web Best Practices 1.0.Google Scholar
- World Wide Web Consortium (2006). Retrieved Tuesday, August 2nd 2007 from, http://www.w3.org/TR/mobile-bp/Google Scholar
- Passani, L. (2006). Global Authoring Practices for the Mobile Web 1.0.2 (2007). Retrieved Tuesday, August 2nd 2007 from http://www.passani.it/gap/Google Scholar
- Making Small Devices Look Great. Opera Software. Retrieved Monday, August 20th 2007 from, http:/my.opera.com/community/dev/device/Google Scholar
- Best practices in XHTML Design. Openwave Developer network. Retrieved Monday, August 20th 2007 from, http:/developer.openwave.com/dvl/support/documentation/guides_and_eferences/best_practices_in_xhtml_design/index.htmGoogle Scholar
- African Telecommunication Indicators., International Telecommunication Union (2004), 7th Edition.Google Scholar