European Citizen Card Combined with Travel Document Function, Convergence or Divergence?
Since 2.5 year is a new application standard for the European citizen card in development. Data structure, transport protocol, interoperability and the issuing are the pillar of this card and there application for e-government services. The article start an early analysing about the expected implementation in EU member states. In the conclusion is shown, that the standardisation work lag behind the government request for implementation. The current solutions are more divergent in the solution themselves and for the combination with the upcoming digital travel documents.
KeywordsApplication Standard Border Control European Citizen Digital Identity Travel Document
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Keesing Journal of Documents and Identity, Annual Report 2005-2006Google Scholar
- Information brochure of the Belgian ID card, see http://www.rijksregister.fgov.be/cie /brochure/05 145bz_leaflet.jr.pdf
- Information about the Swedish ID card, see http://www.polisen.se /Inter/nodeid=36624&pageversion=1.html
- DIN-Workshop Multiapplicationcard, on July, 13th and 14th, 2006, Berlin, Germany; Presentation from Prof. Posch, Austha, Chancellor of the Confederation BureauGoogle Scholar
- Global Security Forum, on July, 6th and 7th, Vienna, Austha, see http://www.global-security-forum.com; Presentation from Andreas Reisen, Ministry of Interior, Germany