A New Standard Based Road to Interoperable Strong Authentication
This paper analyses the new standards emerging to allow interoperability of systems that provide strong authentication. After a description of the entities that constitute a strong authentication ecosystem, the paper provides a clear overview of existing and new standard drafts from the specific viewpoint of what kind of interoperability they allow between the different entities. It outlines what standards are available now and which ones are coming, detailing the interoperability now and in the future.
KeywordsSmart Card Validation System Connected Device Validation Framework Validation Service
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [RFC4226] IETF, “HOTP: An HMAC-Based One-Time Password Algorithm”, http://www.rfc-archive.org/getrfc.php?rfc=4226
- [MOathO5] IETF, “Mutual OATH: HOTP Extensions for mutual authentication”, http://www.ietf.org/intemet-drafts/draft-mraihi-mutual-oath-hotp-variants-02.txt
- [MasO4] MasterCard International Incorporated, “Chip Authentication Program-Functional Architecture”, September 2004Google Scholar
- [RSAO5a] RSA Laboratories, “PKCS #11 v2.20 Amendment 1: PKCS #11 mechanisms One-Time Password Tokens”, ftp://ftp.rsasecurity.comlpub/pkcs/pkcs-1 11v2-20/pkcs-1 1v2-20a1.pdf
- [RSAO6a] RSA Laboratories, “One-Time Password Validation Service”, ftp://ftp.rsasecurity.comlpub/otps/vs/otp-validation-service-vl-O.pdf
- [RSAO6b] RSA Laboratories, “One-Time Password Validation Service”, ftp://ftp.rsasecurity.com/pub/otps/vs/otp-validation-service-vl-0.pdf
- [OPSKCO6] IETF, “Portable Symmetric Key Container”, http://www.ietf.org/internetdrafts/draft-vassilev-portable-symmetric-key-container-00.txt
- [OXKMSO6]IETF, “XKMS Provisioning of OATH Shared Secret Keys”, http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hallambaker-oathxkms-00.txt