A New short proof of the local index formula of Atiyah-Singer
In this talk we present a new short proof of the local index formula of Atiyah-Singer for Dirac operators ([AS1], [AS2]) which, as a byproduct and unlike Getzler’s short proof, allows us to compute the CM cyclic cocycle for Dirac spectral triples.
KeywordsDirac Operator Heat Kernel Short Proof Noncommutative Geometry Principal Symbol
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [CFKS]Cycon, H. L.; Froese, R. G.; Kirsch, W.; Simon, B.: Schrödinger operators with application to quantum mechanics and global geometry. Texts and Monographs in Physics. Springer-Verlag, Berlin, 1987.Google Scholar
- [Gi]Gilkey, P.: Invariance theory, the heat equation, and the Atiyah-Singer index theorem. Publish or Perish, 1984.Google Scholar
- [Hi]Higson, N.: The local index formula in noncommutative geometry. Lectures given at the CIME Summer School and Conference on algebraic K-theory and its applications, Trieste, 2002. Preprint, 2002.Google Scholar
- [LM]Lawson, B., Michelson, M.-L.: Spin Geometry. Princeton Univ. Press, Princeton, 1993.Google Scholar
- [Ro]Roe, J.: Elliptic operators, topology and asymptotic methods. Pitman Research Notes in Mathematics Series 395, Longman, 1998.Google Scholar
- [Ta]Taylor, M. E.: Partial differential equations. II. Qualitative studies of linear equations. Applied Mathematical Sciences, 116. Springer-Verlag, New York, 1996.Google Scholar
- [Wo]Wodzicki, M.: Noncommutative residue. I. Fundamentals. K-theory, arithmetic and geometry (Moscow, 1984–1986), 320–399, Lecture Notes in Math., 1289, Springer, 1987.Google Scholar