Part of the Aspects of Mathematics book series (ASMA)
On harmonic maps in noncommutative geometry
We report on some recent work on harmonic maps and non-linear ζ-models in noncommutative geometry. After a general discussion we concentrate mainly on models on noncommutative tori.
KeywordsGauge Transformation Topological Charge Noncommutative Geometry Leibniz Rule Hermitian Structure
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [BP]A.A. Belavin, A.M. Polyakov, Metastable states of two-dimensional isotropic ferromagnets, JETP Lett. 22 (1975) 245–247.Google Scholar
- [C2]A. Connes, Noncommutative Geometry, Academic Press, 1994.Google Scholar
- [T]T. Krajewski, Gauge invariance of the Chern-Simons action in noncommutative geometry, ISI GUCCIA Conference ‘Quantum Groups, Noncommutative Geometry and Fundamental Physical Interactions’, Palermo December 1997, math-ph/9810015.Google Scholar
- [E]J. Eells, Harmonic maps: Selected papers of James Eells and collaborators, World Scientific, 1992.Google Scholar
- [G]K. Gawedzki, Lectures on conformal field theory, in ‘Quantum Fields and Strings: a Course for Mathematicians’, P. Deligne et al. editors, American Mathematical Society 1999; pp 727–805.Google Scholar
- [GSW]M. Green, J.H. Schwarz, E. Witten, Superstring theory, Cambridge University Press, 1987.Google Scholar
- [M3]Yu. I. Manin, Real multiplication and noncommutative geometry, math.QA/0202109.Google Scholar
- [M4]Yu. I. Manin. Functional equations for quantum theta functions, math.QA/0307393.Google Scholar
- [P-J]J. Polchinski, String theory, Cambridge University Press, 1998.Google Scholar
- [P-A]A. Polishchuk, Analogues of the exponential map associated with complex structures on noncommutative two-tori, math.QA/0404056.Google Scholar
- [V]J.C. Varilly, An Introduction to Noncommutative Geometry, Lectures at EMS Summer School on NCG and Applications, Sept 1997, physics/9709045.Google Scholar
© Friedr. Vieweg & Sohn Verlag ∣ GWV Fachverlage GmbH, Wiesbaden 2006