Why use an all Ceramic Tripolar THR ? — clinical and experimental data
A tripolar all ceramic joint is an emerging technology that reduces the risk of dislocation and subluxation in T.H.R. Muscular insufficiency, caricatural lower limbs discrepancies or neurological problems are classical causes for T.H.P. dislocations or subluxations [10,11]. Instability may also be linked to 2 specific mechanisms, lever-out (with impingement) and shear-out (without impingement).
KeywordsCeramic Head Intermediate Component Ceramic Bearing Ball Head Polishing Effect
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Bader R, Datzman Th, Steihauser E, Mittelmeier W, Lazennec J-Y. Biomechanical study of resistance to dislocation of the ceramic–ceramic delta tripolar joint Biomaterialen 2004.Google Scholar
- 3.Chen Q, Lazennec JY, Prabhakar PP, Berry DJ, An KN. Motion of the intermediate component of an eccentric tripolar T.H.P. Annual Meeting of the Orthopaedic Research Society 2005 poster 1181.Google Scholar
- 4.Ishida, T; Clarke, IC; Shirasu, H; Shishido, T; Yamamoto, K; Lazennec, J-Y. Detailed wear mapping of retrieved second-generation metal on metal THR Annual Meeting of the Orthopaedic Research Society 2007 Poster No: 1656.Google Scholar
- 5.Jennings, L M; Fisher, J; Stewart, T D; Masson, B; Lazennec J-Y. Wear and friction characteristics of the tripolat all ceramic hip prosthesis Annual Meeting of the Orthopaedic Research Society 2006 poster 498.Google Scholar
- 6.Lazennec J.-Y., Jennings L. M., Fisher J, Masson B. Two Ceramic Bearing Surfaces with a Self Adjusting cup: A New Application of Delta Ceramics to reduce the Risk of Dislocation and Subluxation Bioceramics and alternative bearings in joint arthroplasty Springer Ed 2005.Google Scholar
- 7.Lazennec JY, Sari Ali E, Rousseau MA, Hansen S. All ceramic tripolar Total Hip Arthroplasty: experimental data and clinical results Bioceramics and alternative bearings in joint arthroplasty 11th BIOLOX Symposium Bioceramics in Joint Arthroplasty, Springer Ed 2006.Google Scholar
- 8.Lazennec JY, Riwan A, Gravez F, Rousseau MA., Mora N, Gorin M, Lasne A, Catonne Y, Saillant G. Hip spine relationships: application to total hip arthrosplasty Hip International/ Vol. 17,2(suppl 5) 2007 ppS91–S104.Google Scholar
- 9.Stewart T. D., Tipper J. L., Insley G., Streicher R. M., Ingham E., Fisher J., Long-Term Wear of Ceramic Matrix Composite Materials for Hip Prostheses Under Severe Swing Phase Microseparation’. JBMR 66B (2003); 562–573.Google Scholar
- 10.Toni A., Sudanese A., Ceramic on ceramic: long term clinical experience Bioceramics in joint arthroplasty Thieme Ed 2001.Google Scholar
- 11.Von Knoch M., Berry D. J., Harmsen W. S., Morrey B. F., Late dislocation after total hip arthroplasty. Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery–American Volume. 84-A(11): 1949–1953, 2002.Google Scholar