Evolution for Diameters Features and Results
The success of prosthetic hip surgery, proved by numerous clinical outcomes at an international level, has determined a continuous increase of the number of surgeries. At the same time, the selection of the prosthetic component still remains controversial since it must always be chosen considering the effective benefit for the patient.
KeywordsFemoral Head Acetabular Component Abduction Angle Anteversion Angle Femoral Head Size
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Bartz RL, Noble PC, Kadakia NR, Tullos HS. (2000) The Effect of Femoral Component Head Size on Posterior Dislocation of the Artificial Hip Joint. J Bone Joint Surg (Am). 82:1300–1307.Google Scholar
- 2.Beaulé PE, Schmalzried TP, Udomkiet P, Amstutz HC. (2002) Jumbo femoral heads for the treatment of recurrent dislocation following total hip replacement. J Bone Joint Surg (Am). 84:256–263.Google Scholar
- 3.Bergmann G, ed. (2001) Hip 98-loading of the Hip Joint.: Free University of Berlin.Google Scholar
- 4.Berizzi A, Tzemtzang M, Aldegheri R. (2006) Head Diameter of 36 mm: New alumina on alumina bearing surfaces. In Proceedings 11th Biolox Symposium. Rome, June 30–July 1, pp 3–4.Google Scholar
- 6.Binazzi R, Bondi A, Manca L, Marchesini L, Delcogliano M. (2006) Ceramic on ceramic cementless total hip arthroplasty in arthritis following congenital hip disease: an algorithm of the surgical treatment. In Proceedings 11th Biolox Symposium. Rome, June 30–July 1, pp 237–242.Google Scholar
- 12.Giacometti Ceroni R, Dalla Pria P. (2001) The Development of Large Ceramic Head to Obtain More Stable THA with Wider Range of Motion. In Proceedings 6th Biolox Symposium. Stuttgart, March 23–24, pp 11–12.Google Scholar
- 13.Ha Y-C, Kim S-Y, Kim HJ, Yoo JJ, Koo K-H. (2006) Ceramic Liner Fracture after Cementless Alumina-on-Alumina Total Hip Arthroplasty. Clin Orthop Relat Res. 458:106–110.Google Scholar
- 14.Hasegawa M, Sudo A, Uchida A. (2006) Alumina ceramic-on-ceramic total hip replacement with a layered acetabular component. J Bone Joint Surg (Br). 88:877–882.Google Scholar
- 21.Rinaldi GP, Bonalumi M, Gaietta D, Capitani D. (2006) 36 mm Ceramic head for “difficult” cases. In Proceedings 11th Biolox Symposium. Rome, June 30–July 1, pp 17–20.Google Scholar
- 22.Santori N, Giacomi D, Potestio D, Chilelli F. (2006) Clinical advantages with large diameter heads. In Proceedings 11th Biolox Symposium. Rome, June 30–July 1, pp 11–16.Google Scholar
- 23.Woo RY, Morrey BF. (1982) Dislocations after total hip arthroplasty. J Bone Joint Surg (Am). 64(9):1295–1306.Google Scholar
- 24.Zagra L, Giacometti Ceroni R. (2006) Ceramic-ceramic coupling with big heads: clinical outcome. Eur J Orthop Surg Traumatol. 10–13.Google Scholar