Edge Loading and Squeaking in Third Generation Ceramic-on-ceramic Bearings
Part of the Ceramics in Orthopaedics book series (CIO)
KeywordsAcetabular Component Ceramic Head Ceramic Bearing Acetabular Component Position Stripe Wear
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Walter WL, Insley GM, Walter WK, Tuke MA: Edge loading in third generation alumina ceramic-on-ceramic bearings: stripe wear. J Arthroplasty 19:4, 2004.Google Scholar
- 4.Rieker CB: A retrieval Analysis of 237 Metal-on metal bearings. Alternate Bearings in Joint Replacement, New York, 2002.Google Scholar
- 5.Willert HG, Buchhorn GH, Gobel D, et al: Wear behavior and histopathology of classic cemented metal on metal hip endoprostheses. Clin Orthop:S160–86, 1996.Google Scholar
- 7.Amstutz HC, Clarke IC: Evolution of Hip Arthroplasty. p. 1–14. In: Amstutz HC (ed) Hip Arthroplasty. Churchill Livingstone, New York, 1991.Google Scholar
- 10.Walter WL, O’Toole GC, Walter WK, Ellis A, Zicat B. Squeaking in ceramic-on-ceramic hips; the importance of acetabular component orientation. Presented at AAOS Annual meeting, Chicago, March 2006.Google Scholar
© Steinkopff Verlag, Darmstadt 2006