Comparison of clinical results between Ceramic-Ceramic Bearings and Metal on Polyethylene in Total Hip Arthroplasty
Part of the Ceramics in Orthopaedics book series (CIO)
KeywordsBearing Surface Scratch Resistance Prosthetic Replacement Bear Surface Alternative Bearing
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Bal BS, TJ Aleto, JP Garino, A Toni and KJ Hendricks. Ceramic-on-Ceramic versus Ceramic-on-Polyethylene Bearings in Total Hip Arthroplasy: Results of a Multicenter Prospective Randomized Study and Update on Modern Ceramic Total Hips Trials in the USA. Bioceramics and Alternative Bearings in Joint Arthroplasty, 10th Biolox Symposium Washington DC, 2005: 101–108.Google Scholar
- 8.Capello WN, JA D’Antonio, JR Feinberg, MT Manley. Alternative Bearing Surfaces: Alumina Ceramic Bearings for Total Hip Arthroplasty. Bioceramics and Alternative Bearings in Joint Arthroplasty, 10th Biolox Symposium Washington DC, 2005: 87–94.Google Scholar
- 9.Charnely J, Z Cupic. The nine and ten year results of the low friction arthroplasty of the hip. Clin Orthop 95:9, 1973.Google Scholar
- 11.Clark IC, V Good, P Williams, et al. Ultra-low wear rates for rigid-on-rigid bearings in total hip replacements. Proc Inst Mech Eng 214:331–347, 2000.Google Scholar
- 15.Garino, JP. Ceramic-on-Ceramic Total Hip Arthroplasty: The USA Experience. Bioceramics and Alternative Bearings in Joint Arthroplasty, 10th Biolox Symposium Washington DC, 2005: 95–100.Google Scholar
- 17.Garrellick, G H Maichau, P Herberts, E Hanasson, H Axelsson, and T Hansson. Life expectancy and cost utility after total hip replacement. Clin Orthop 346:141, 1998.Google Scholar
- 24.Jarit G, BR Wasserman, JP Garino, M Walsh, NE Walter, PE Dicesare. Total hip arthroplasty with a ceramic-ceramic vs. ceramic-polyethylene bearing. AAOS Annual Meeting, 2006, Paper No 316.Google Scholar
- 26.McKellop, H. Bearing surfaces in total hip replacements: state of the art and future developments. Inst Course Lect 50:165, 2001.Google Scholar
- 30.Sweden’s National Hip Registry, 2004 Annual Report.Google Scholar
- 31.Norwegian Hip Registry: Prospective Studies on Hip And Knee Prostheses. Scientific Exhibition at the 72nd Annual Meeting of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons. February 2005.Google Scholar
© Steinkopff Verlag, Darmstadt 2006