Solutions to Contested Land Uses and Our Emerging Landscape
This chapter explores the role of innovation in responding to the challenges of Australian food security, both in the domestic and global contexts. The chapter explores the challenge to meet increased food demand through innovative production, as well as how best to manage distribution and supply chains. It acknowledges that regional communities based in farming must be able to access new technologies and information to allow them to advance, but so too must there be appropriate innovation in the regulatory environment, to allow novel approaches to be trialled.
KeywordsWind Farm Local Council Murray Darling Basin Wheel Sensor Change Management Process
- Australian Pig Farmers. (2012). Complying with changing laws for pig farmers. Available online at: http://www.australianpigfarmers.com.au/pig_laws_australia. Accessed 22 Feb 2012.
- Hamblin, A. (2001). State of the environment: Land theme report. Department of the Environment and Heritage & CSIRO. Available online at: http://www.environment.gov.au/soe/2001/publications/theme-reports/land/land02-2.html. Accessed 22 Feb 2012.
- Keogh, M. (2012, February 22). The end of the family farm – Or just the usual cyclic trend? Ag Forum. Australian Farm Institute. Available online at: http://www.farminstitute.org.au/_blog/Ag_Forum/post/The_end_of_the_family_farm_-_or_just_the_usual_cyclic_trend/. Accessed 26 Mar 2012.
- McMillan, L. (2011). CSIRO and food production: Securing our food future. Available online at: http://www.csiro.au/Outcomes/Food-and-Agriculture/food-security.aspx. Accessed 18 Mar 2012.
- Morgan, G., & Terrey, J. (1992). Nature conservation in western New South Wales. Sydney: National Parks Association.Google Scholar
- PMSEIC. (2010). Australian and food security in a changing world. Canberra: The Prime Minister’s Science Engineering and Innovation Council.Google Scholar
- Productivity Commission. (2009, February 27). Government drought support (Productivity Commission Inquiry Report No. 46).Google Scholar
- Sivasailam, N. (2012, January). Agribusiness in Australia: IBIA world industry report X0005. Melbourne: IBIS World.Google Scholar