A New Statistical Tool for Finding Causal Conditions for Small Data Sets and Its Software
We propose a method that finds target groups such that the response probability of a dichotomous dependent variable is larger than a pre-specified target value. This is enabled by a selection of independent variables with high order interactions. The method is effective to extract interesting patterns from datasets. We developed software for this method. The software incorporates various types of tools like data management, model building, visualization, and so on.
KeywordsAssociation Rule Response Probability Mining Association Rule Percent Confidence Interval High Order Interaction
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Agrawal, R. and Srikant, R. (1994) Fast Algorithms for Mining Association Rule, Proc. the 20th VLDB Conference Santiago, Chile.Google Scholar
- 2.Breiman, L., Friedman, J., Olshen, R. S., Stone, C. (1984) Classification and Regression Trees. Wadsworth International Group, Belmont, CAGoogle Scholar
- 3.Cavena, P., Hadjinian P., Stadler, R., Verhees, J., Zanasi (1997) Discovering Data Mining, From Concept to Implementation. Prentice-Hall, Inc. NJGoogle Scholar
- 4.Fayyad U., Piatestsky-Shapiro, G., Smyth, P. (1996) Advances in Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining. AAAI/MIT Press. Menlo Park, CAGoogle Scholar
- 6.Miller, R.E. (1965) Switching Theory, Wiley, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- 8.Quinlan, J. (1998) C4.5: Programs for Machine Learning. Morgan Kaufmann Publishers, Inc. San Francisco, CAGoogle Scholar
- 9.Shiota, C. (1997) Data Mining — Techniques and Applications. Bulletin of The Computational Statistics of Japan, 10, 127–144Google Scholar
- 10.Weiss, S. M., Indurkhya, N. (1998) Predictive DataMining, A Practical Guide. Morgan Kaufmann Publishers, Inc. San Francisco, CAGoogle Scholar