Single Sign-On in Cloud Computing Scenarios: A Research Proposal
Cloud computing and Software as a Service infrastructure are becoming important factors in E-commerce and E-business processes. Users may access simultaneously to different E-services supplied by several providers. An efficient approach to authenticate and authorize users is needed to avoid problems about trust and redundancy of procedure. In this paper we will focus on main approaches in managing Authentication and Authorization Infrastructures (AAI): i.e. federated and centralized and cloud based. Then we will discuss about related some critical issues in Cloud computing and SaaS contexts and will highlight the possible future researches.
KeywordsCloud Computing User Agent Authentication System Digital Right Management Authentication Procedure
- 1.Ambrust, M., Fox, A., Griffith, R., Joseph, A.D., Katz, R.H., Konwinski, A., Lee, G., Patterson, D.A., Rabkin, A., Stoica, I. Zaharia, M. (2009). Above the clouds: A Berkeley view of cloud computing. EECS Department, University of California, Berkeley, Tech. Rep. UCB/EECS-2009-28Google Scholar
- 2.Buyya, R., Yeo, C.S., Venugopal, S., Broberg, J., Brandic, I. (2009).Cloud computing and emerging IT platforms: Vision, hype, and reality for delivering computing as the 5th utility. Future Generation Computer Systems 25(6), Elsevier.Google Scholar
- 3.Geer, D. (1998). Risk management is where the money is. Forum on Risks to the Public in Computers and Related Systems, ACM Committee on Computers and Public Policy 20(6)Google Scholar
- 4.Olden M., Za S., (2010). Biometric authentication and authorization infrastructures in trusted intra-organizational relationships. In Management of the Interconnected World, D'Atri et al. Eds., ISBN: 978-3-7908-2403-2, Springer.Google Scholar
- 6.Rosenblatt B., Trippe B. and Mooney., S. (2001). Digital Rights Management: Business and Technology. Hungry Minds/John Wiley and Sons, New York.Google Scholar
- 7.Kohl J. And Neuman C. (1993), The Kerberos Network Authentication Service (V5), RFC-1510, DDN Network Information Center, 10 September 1993.Google Scholar
- 8.Ford W. And Baum M. (1998). Secure Electronic Commerce, Prentice HallGoogle Scholar
- 9.Schläger, C.; Sojer, M.; Muschall, B.; Pernul, G. (2006): Attribute-Based Authentication and Au-thorisation Infrastructures for E-Commerce Providers, pp132-141 Springer-Verlag.Google Scholar
- 10.Lewis, K.D. and Lewis, J.E. (2009). Web Single Sign-On Authentication using SAML. International Journal of Computer Science Issues, IJCSI 2, 41–48Google Scholar
- 11.Cser, A. and Penn, J. (2008). Identity Management Market Forecast: 2007 To 2014. Forrester. Google Scholar
- 12.Villavicencio, F. (2010) Approaches to IDaaS for Enterprise Identity Management. http://identropy.com/blog/bid/29428/Approaches-to-IDaaS-for-Enterprise-Identity-Management (accessed June 27, 2010).