The Effect of a Dynamic User Model on a Customizable Mobile GIS Application
In the present paper we analyze the role that a dynamic user model may play in simplifying query formulation and solving in an existing audio-visual map interaction technique conceived for mobile devices. We have re-designed the system functionalities devoted to gain summary information about off-screen data and to suggest the best direction towards a target. We show that customizing a query on the basis of the current user profile may give the user the advantage of making queries simpler and may avoid similar steps meant to refine the results.
KeywordsUser Profile Query Result Petrol Station Adaptive Version Zoom Level
- 1.Ceaparu, I., Lazar, J., Bessiere, K., Robinson, J., Shneiderman, B., (2004), “Determining causes and severity of end-user frustration”, International Journal of Human-Computer Interaction, 17(3), 333–356.Google Scholar
- 2.Dongyan, Z., Dingming, W., Xue, Z. (2008) “An Adaptive User Profile Based on Memory Model”, in Zhangjiajie Hunan, The Ninth Int. Conf. on Web-Age Information Management pp.461–468.Google Scholar
- 3.Menascé, D.A. (2002): QoS issues in web services. IEEE Internet Computing 6(6), 72–75.Google Scholar
- 4.Paolino, L., Vitiello, G., Tortora, G., 2008. “Framy: Visualizing Geographic Data on Mobile Interfaces”. Journal of Location Based Services, 2 (3), 236–252.Google Scholar
- 5.Romano M., Sebillo M., Tortora G., Vitiello G. (2009). “Audio-Visual Information Clues about Geographic Data on Mobile Interfaces”. In: - LNCS 5879 Springer 2009. P. Muneesawang, F. Wu, I. Kumazawa, A. Roeksabutr, M. Liao, X. Tang (Eds.) Springer, p. 1156–1161.Google Scholar