ICT and Procurement: The E-sourcing Systems of an Italian Bank Group
The purpose of this work is the analysis of the benefits that the enterprises may enjoy with the adoption of e-procurement solutions. In particular the analysis concerns the e-sourcing solutions implemented by an Italian bank group and the main organizational implications connected to the use of such systems within the purchasing department.
The peculiarities detected by this study through the administration of interviews to a few department managers confirmed that the e-sourcing systems adopted by the group have allowed large saving in terms of lower purchase prices and most of all in terms of rationalization of the procurement process
KeywordsProcurement Process Price Quote Reverse Auction Application Service Provider Negotiation Phase
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Rappaport A (1998) Creating shareholder value. The Free Press, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- 2.Emiliani M (2001) A mathematical logic approach to the shareholder vs. stakeholder debate, Manage Decis 39(8):618–622Google Scholar
- 3.Politecnico di Milano (2003) Dai marketplace ai servizi di sourcing, procurement e supply chain collaboration. Report dell' Osservatorio B2B, MilanoGoogle Scholar
- 4.Politecnico di Milano (2004) Il B2B in Italia: Finalmente Parlano i Dati. Report dell'Osservatorio B2B, MilanoGoogle Scholar
- 5.Lim BL, Wen J (2002) The impact of next generation XML. Inf Manage Comput Secur 10(1):33–40Google Scholar
- 6.Doyon T et al (2001) E-procurement: perspective, preparation and selection. Strategy/Tactics/Trends & Direction, May 7. Gartner Group, LowellGoogle Scholar
- 7.Bartolini A (2006) The 2006 E-procurement benchmark Report: E-Procurement 2.0, Aderdeen GroupGoogle Scholar
- 8.Emiliani ML, Stec DJ (2002) Realizing savings from online reverse auctions. Supply Chain Manage Int J 7(1):12–23Google Scholar