Toward a Flexible Data Management Middleware for Wireless Sensor Networks
In this paper we present the research activity we are carrying out in the “Mobile Semantic Self-Organizing Wireless Sensor Networks” Project at the Department of Information Engineering of the University of Modena and Reggio Emilia. In this context, the main aim of our research is to study solutions for the flexible querying of distributed data collected by heterogeneous devices providing measurement readings. To this end, we propose a middleware for wireless sensor networks which is able to autonomously configure the communication and the operations required to each device in order to reduce energy and temporal costs.
KeywordsSensor Network Execution Plan Query Optimizer Query Processor Very Large Data Base
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 4.Gupta H, Zhu X, Xu X (2009) Deductive framework for programming sensor networks. In Proceedings of the 25th international conference on data engineering (ICDE), Shanghai, pp 281–292Google Scholar
- 5.Madden S, Franklin MJ, Hellerstein JM, Hong W (2003) The design of an acquisitional query processor for sensor networks. In Proceedings of the SIGMOD conference, ACM Press, New York, pp 491–502Google Scholar
- 9.Deshpande A, Guestrin C, Madden S, Hellerstein JM, Hong W (2004) Model-driven data acquisition in sensor networks. In Proceedings of the 30th International Conference on Very Large Data Bases (VLDB), Toronto, pp 588–599Google Scholar
- 10.Deshpande A, Guestrin C, Madden S (2005) Using probabilistic models for data management in acquisitional environments. In Proceedings of the 2nd Biennial Conference on Innovative Data Systems Research (CIDR), Asilomar, pp 317–328Google Scholar
- 11.Chu D, Deshpande A, Hellerstein JM, Hong W (2006) Approximate data collection in sensor networks using probabilistic models. In Proceedings of the 22nd international conference on data engineering (ICDE), Atlanta, pp 48–59Google Scholar
- 13.Diao Y, Li B, Liu A, Peng L, Sutton C, Tran T, Zink M (2009) Capturing data uncertainty in high-volume stream processing. In Proceedings of the 4th biennial conference on innovative data systems research (CIDR), AsilomarGoogle Scholar