The research indicates the potential of complex networks research to study a wide array of problems. For this reason, further research activities should be engaged despite of the previously depicted limitations. From a very general perspective, a lot of research effort is required in order to unify the existing fragmented parts into a coherent body of research. But in addition, further research is required in order to approach research opportunities in financial research and complex networks research. The most important research opportunities are depicted in the following chapter. The application of complex networks research to investment theoretical research problems in software markets reveals its interdisciplinars contributions to financial research. The following three research opportunities are most relevant to advance the existing boundaries of financial research.
KeywordsNetwork Effect Research Opportunity Financial Research Behavioral Finance Software Market
- Bar-Yam, Y. (1997). Dynamics of complex systems. Reading MA: Perseus.Google Scholar
- Boccara, N., & Fuks, H. (2003). Modeling diffusion dynamics with probablistic cellular automata. arXiv:adap-org/9805004v1.Google Scholar
- Mueller, S. (2003). Die Bewertung junger Unternehmen und Behavioral Finance - Eine theoretische und experimentelle Untersuchung. Universitt Mnster.Google Scholar
- Strogatz, S. (2004). Sync - Rhythms of Nature, Rhythms of Ourselves. Baltimore, MD: Penguin Books.Google Scholar
- Watts, D. (1999). Small worlds: the dynamics of networks between order and randomness. Princeton: Princeton University Press.Google Scholar