Global Supply Chain Management
In this chapter we will have a brief review on global supply chain management (GSCM). “Skjott-Larsen et al. (2007), Managing the global supply chain, 3rd edition” and “Mentzer et al. (2006), Handbook of Global Supply Chain Management” are in-depth presentations of the concepts and techniques of the profession. Readers are referred to these books for greater details about GSCM.
KeywordsSupply Chain Demand Management Demand Forecast Safety Stock Global Supply Chain
- Delfmann W (1998) Organization globaler Versorgungsketten. In: Glaser, Horst, Schroder, Axel F et al (eds) Organisation im wandel der markte. Wiesbaden, Gabler, pp 62–89Google Scholar
- Delfmann W, Albers S (2000) Supply chain management in the global context, working paper No. 102. Department of General Management, Business Planning and Logistics of the University of CologneGoogle Scholar
- Dominick C (2007) A global sourcing strategy: what’s different? 120th edn. PurchTips, February 20,2007Google Scholar
- Hugos M (2006) Essentials of supply chain management, 2nd edn. Wiley, Hoboken, NJGoogle Scholar
- MacDonald A (2006) Managing a global vs. domestic supply chain. World Trade Mag, July 6. http://ctl.mit.edu/public/070606_WorldTrade_Sheffi_GlobalvDom.pdf. Accessed 28 April 2009.
- Mentzer JT, Myers MB, Stank TP (eds) (2006) Handbook of global supply chain management. Sage Publications, Inc.Google Scholar
- Skjott-Larsen T, Schary PB, Mikkola JH, Kotzab H (2007) Managing the global supply chain, 3rd edn. Copenhagen Business School PressGoogle Scholar
- Tim Minahan (2003) Global sourcing: what you need to know to make it work. Aberdeen Group Inc., AugustGoogle Scholar
- Yip GS (1992) Total global strategy: managing for worldwide competitive advantage. Prentice Hall, Paramus, pGoogle Scholar
- Yip GS (2005) Improve global sourcing processes with enhanced supply chain visibility. http://www.gxs.com/pdfs/Data_Sheets/DS_GSP.SCV_GXS.pdf. Accessed 16 Dec 2008