Integration of Different Organizations and Stakeholders in E-services Design and Implementation: the Case of the Spider Card
As e-service becomes increasingly pervasive in modern public organizations management, its influence on organization and individual preferences and competences is hard to ignore. This work addresses this issue by analyzing the different dimensions of the design and implementation of an e-service. It reviews the impacts on the integration of competences and preferences of the different stakeholders and organizations involved. The focus of the case study is a pioneering e-service initiative of the University of Catania known as the Spider Card.
KeywordsCredit Card Public Administration Organizational Citizenship Behavior Technology Acceptance Model Strategic Management Journal
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Leenes, R. and Svensson, J. (2004) Electronic Services in a Decentralized State, Computer Science, 496–502.Google Scholar
- 4.Prahalad, C.K. and Ramaswamy, V. (2000) Co-opting customer competence, Harvard Business Review 78(1): 79–87.Google Scholar
- 11.Hardy, C., Lawrence, T.B. and Grant, D. (2005) Discourse and collaboration: the role of conversations and collective identity, Academy of Management Review 30(1): 58–77.Google Scholar
- 12.Lim, E., Tan, C. and Pan, S. (2007) E-Government Implementation: Balancing Collaboration and Control in Stakeholder Management, International Journal of Electronic Government Research 3(2): 1–28.Google Scholar
- 16.Schultze, U. (2003) Complementing self-serve technology with service relationships: the customer perspective, E-service Journal 3(1): 7–31.Google Scholar
- 18.Law, C.H. and Ngai, E. (2007) IT Infrastructure Capabilities and Business Process Improvements: Association with IT Governance Characteristics, Information Resources Management Journal 20(4): 25–47.Google Scholar
- 20.Merton, R.K., Fiske, M. and Kendall, P.L. (1990) The focused interview: a manual of problems and procedures (2nd ed.). New York, Free Press.Google Scholar