Agent Technologies in the Future Internet
The article presents perspectives of how future directions in the development of the Internet could look like and how agents could support this evolution. The article describes recent Internet trends, discusses some ideas how future developments of the Internet might look like, presents some basics of agent technologies and discusses how agent technologies can contribute to the further development of the Internet.
KeywordsMultiagent System Service Composition Multimedia Content Agent Technology Service Description
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.J. Battelle and T. O’Reilly: web2.0 Conference, 2004 (http://conferences.oreillynet.com/pub/w/32/presentations.html).
- 2.G. Cabri, L. Leonardi, and M. Puviani. Service-Oriented Agent Methodologies. In 5th IEEE International Workshop on Agent-Based Computing for Enterprise Collaboration (ACEC-07), 2007.Google Scholar
- 3.K. Fischer. Holonic Multiagent Systems – Theory and Applications. In P. Barohona and J. J. Alferes (Eds.): Proceedings of the 9th Portuguese Conference on Progress in Artificial Intelligence (EPIA-99), LNAI 1695. Springer, Berlin, pp. 34–48, September 1999.Google Scholar
- 4.K. Fischer, M. Schillo, and J. Siekmann: Holonic Multiagent Systems: A Foundation for the Organisation of Multiagent Systems. In V. Marík, D. McFarlane, and P. Valckenaers (Eds.): Proceedings of the 1st International Conference on Industrial Applications of Holonic and Multi-Agent Systems, HoloMAS 2003, LNAI 2744, Springer, Prague, Czech Republic, pp. 71–80, September 2003.Google Scholar
- 7.T. O’Reilly: What Is Web 2.0—Design Patterns and Business Models for the Next Generation of Software. 30.9.2005 (http://oreilly.com/pub/a/oreilly/tim/news/2005/09/30/what-is-web-20.html).
- 8.M. Wooldridge: Intelligent Agents. In G. Weiss (ed.): Multiagent Systems, The MIT Press, Cambridge, MA, 1999.Google Scholar
- 9.I. Zinnikus, C. Hahn, and K. Fischer: A model-driven agent-based approach for the integration of services into a collaborative business process. In: Proceedings of the 7th International Conference on Autonomous Agents and Multiagent Systems (AAMAS), Estoril, Portugal, pp. 241–248, May 2008.Google Scholar