The LUMIR Project: Developing the GP’s Network Pilot Program in the Basilicata Region
The Lucania – Medici in Rete (LuMiR) project aims to support the changing environment in the Italian National Health Systems, embodying a shift from organisation-centric to patient-centric services in the Basilicata Region. The primary objective of the LuMiR project is to foster collaborative, cross-organizational and patient-centric healthcare processes, supporting them with a suite of e-services for patient related clinical information communication and sharing among active stakeholders. It also aims to provide ICT support for other business activities. In the paper the methodology adopted in the LuMiR system design and development is described. It is a three-phased development process adopted to comply with institutional constraints and to better support a gradual change in the daily working practice of healthcare professionals called to use ever more sophisticated healthcare applications. The LuMiR system realization is in progress and its current state is also presented.
KeywordsBusiness Process Electronic Health Record System Software Vendor Clinical Document Individual Treatment Plan
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Ricci, F.L. and Serbanati, L.D. (2005) .MobiDis: Toward a Patient Centric Healthcare Information System. In Proceedings of MIE2005 – The XIXth International Congress of the European Federation for Medical Informatics. p 557–562.Google Scholar
- 2.eHealth ERA project (2007), eHealth Priorities and Strategies in European Countries Report, available online (http://www.ehealth-era.org/documents/2007ehealth-era-countries.pdf)
- 3.TSE, Italian National Board for eHealth (2005). A Shared Policy for e-Health.Google Scholar
- 5.Coiera, E., Westbrook, J.I., Callen, J.L., and Aarts J.(Eds) (2007) Information Technology in Health Care 2007. Proceedings of the 3rd International Conference on Information Technology in Health Care: Socio-technical Approaches, Amsterdam, IOS PressGoogle Scholar
- 6.Contenti, M., Mercurio, G., Ricci, F.L., Serbanati L. D., LuMiR: A Region-wide Virtual Healthcare Record. To appear in Proceeding of the 9th International HL7 Interoperability Conference 2008, Crete, GreeceGoogle Scholar
- 7.TSE (2006). Architectural Strategy for eHealth.Google Scholar