Further research questions
Hierarchy is sometimes used to stimulate network and market governance;
Networking is sometimes used to optimise hierarchical and market governance;
Market governance is sometimes used to make hierarchical governance more efficient and effective and network processes shorter and less costly.
KeywordsPublic Administration Public Manager Policy Field Network Governance Market Governance
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1022.Kickert (2005: 538): Distinctiveness in the study of public management in Europe.Google Scholar
- 1023.Rhodes (2007: 1257): Understanding Governance — Ten years on.Google Scholar
- 1024.Rhodes (2007: 1259): Understanding Governance — Ten years on.Google Scholar
- 1025.’t Hart and Wille (2006: 144): Ministers and top officials in the Dutch core executive: living together, growing apart?Google Scholar
- 1026.Pollit and Bouckaert (2000: 186): Public management reform.Google Scholar
- 1027.Kickert and Toonen (2006: 984): Public Administration in the Netherlands.Google Scholar
- 1028.Toonen (1998: 251, Networks, management and institutions) already called for an integration of institutional, managerial and network concepts in the study of public administration. However, the network and the market paradigm seem to be still attractive fields of study on their own.Google Scholar