Soft Techniques for Bayesian Classification
In this paper we present a neuro-fuzzy classifier performing a Bayes decision function. The classifier is based on a neuro-fuzzy structure. The rough set theory is incorporated into this structure. It will be shown that a new hybrid system, i.e. rough-neuro-fuzzy classifier, is able to perform classification in the case of missing features.
KeywordsMembership Function Soft Computing Soft Computing Technique Fuzzy Classification BAYESIAN Classification
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- V. Kecman, “Learning and Soft Computing”, MIT, Cambridge, 2001.Google Scholar
- R. Nowicki, L. Rutkowski, “Rough-Neuro-Fuzzy System For Classification”, Proc. of FSKD’02 Singapure, 2002.Google Scholar
- E. Parzen, “On estimation of a probability density function”, Annals of Math. Statistics, Vol. 33, pp. 1065–1076.Google Scholar
- Z. Pawlak, „Rough sets“, International Journal of Information and Computer Science, Vol. 11, No. 341, 1982.Google Scholar
- D. Rutkowska, R. Nowicki, „New neuro-fuzzy architectures“, Proc. Int. Conf. on Artificial and Computational Intelligence for Decision, Control and Automation in Engineering and Industrial Applications, ACIDCA’2000, Intelligent Methods, Monastir, Tunisia, March, 2000, pp. 82–87.Google Scholar
- D. Rutkowska, R. Nowicki, L. Rutkowski, “Neuro-fuzzy architectures with various implication operators”, The State of the Art in Computational Intelligence–Proc. Intern. Symposium on Computational Intelligence (ISCI 2000), Springer-Verlag, Kosice, Slovakia, August/September 2000, pp. 214–219.Google Scholar
- D. Rutkowska and R. Nowicki, “Implication — based neuro-fuzzy architectures”, International Journal of Applied Mathematics and Computer Science, No. 4, 2000, pp. 675–701.Google Scholar
- L. Rutkowski, “Identification of MISO non-linear regressions in the presence of a wide class of disturbances”, IEEE Trans. Information Theory, Vol. IT37, 1991, pp. 214–216.Google Scholar
- L. Rutkowski, “New Soft Computing Techniques For System Modelling, Pattern Classification and Image Processing”, Springer-Verlag (to be published).Google Scholar
- L. Rutkowski, K. Cpalka, „Flexible Neuro-Fuzzy Systems“, IEEE Trans. Neural Networks, (submitted for publication).Google Scholar
- L.-X. Wang, “Adaptive Fuzzy Systems and Control”, PTR Prentice Hall, Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey, 1994.Google Scholar
- L. A. Zadeh, New Frontiers in Fuzzy Logic and Soft Computing, Proc. of Fourth Conference „Neural Networks and Their Application“, Zakopane, May 18–22, 1999, pp. 1–4.Google Scholar