Fuzzy Reliability Analysis
The paper describes an idea of using fuzzy sets approach to reliability analysis for transport systems. The main goal is to find the average number of working trucks. The fuzzy approach is used for better estimation of these reliability parameters related to trucks which are mainly described by experts. Different membership functions and different fuzzy approaches are used and the obtained results are compared. The Mulitilayer Perceptron is used as the approximation tool.
KeywordsMembership Function Reliability Analysis Reliability Parameter Repair Time Fuzzy Approach
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Barlow R., Proschan F. (1996) Mathematical Theory of Reliability, Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics, PhiladelphiaGoogle Scholar
- 2.Bishop Ch. (1995) Neural Networks for Pattern Recognition, Clarendon Press, OxfordGoogle Scholar
- 3.Demuth H., Beale M. (1998) Neural Networks Toolbox. The MathWorks Inc.Google Scholar
- 4.MATLAB, (1999) Fuzzy Logic Toolbox User’s Guide. The MathWorks Inc.Google Scholar
- 5.Mazurkiewicz J., Walkowiak T. (2000) Neural Network for Reliability Parameters Analysis — Case Study. 5th Conference: Neural Networks and Soft Computing, Zakopane, Technical University of Czestochowa, 687–692Google Scholar
- 6.Piegat A. (1999) Fuzzy Modeling and Control, EXIT Academic Publishing House, Warsaw (in Polish)Google Scholar