Probabilistic-Fuzzy Method of Ship Manoeuvre Safety Assessment in a Restricted Area
A probabilistic-fuzzy method for determining a navigational safety indicator relating to a ship manoeuvring in a fairway is presented. The notion of fuzzy event probability has been used. Navigational accident threat has been defined as a fuzzy event. On the basis of the probabilistic risk analysis and elements of fuzzy logic the traditional approach takes into account both safety failure and uncertainty associated with the threat estimation. The probability is determined by two different approaches. The calculation results are presented.
KeywordsMembership Function Restricted Area Dangerous Situation Port Side Fuzzy Event
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Gucma, L., Pietrzykowski, Z. (2001) Probabilistic-fuzzy method of ship manoeuvre risk assessment. Safety and Reliability International Conference KONBIN, Szczyrk, Vol. 3: 107–116Google Scholar
- Iribarren, J.R. (1999) Determining the horizontal Dimensions of Ship Manoeuvring Areas. PIANC Bulletin No 100, Bruxelles, pp 5–25Google Scholar
- Kacprzyk J. (1986) Fuzzy sets in systems analysis. PWN, Warszawa (In Polish)Google Scholar
- Ronnnelfanger, H. (1994) Fuzzy Decision Support Systems, Springer, Berlin (In German)Google Scholar
- Pietrzykowski, Z., Gucma, L. (2001) Theoretical foundations of the probabilistic-fuzzy method for assessment of dangerous situation of a ship manoeuvring in a restricted area. Annual of Navigation No 3/2001, Gdynia, pp 111–125Google Scholar