Concept of Neural Model of the Sea Bottom Surface
This paper presents concept of neural model of the sea bottom surface, which could be implemented in marine numerical maps. The model consists of self-organizing network and set of trained networks used in surface approximation. Self-organizing networks firstly solves problem of division of data points into training subsets. Secondly it classifies any input data to one of approximating network. Set of approximating networks is used to calculate depth value at any coordinates of point within surface domain. An example illustrates reconstruction of surface based on neural model of bottom surface.
KeywordsBottom Surface Neural Model Trained Network Training Subset Surface Domain
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Balicki J, Kitowski Z, Stateczny A (1999) Artificial neural networks for modelling of spatial shape of sea bottom. IV Conference of Neural Networks and Their Applications, Zakopane, pp. 637–643Google Scholar
- 2.Bojarowski K, Szacherska M, Stateczny A (1997) Spatial information system for maritime navigation. 5th Bilateral Meeting Poland-Italy, MonseliceGoogle Scholar
- 3.Duch W, Korbicz J, Rutkowski L, Tadeusiewicz R (2000). Biocybernetic and biomedical engineering 2000 (vol 6 Neural networks). Academic Publishing House, Warsaw (in Polish)Google Scholar
- 4.Lubczonek J (2000) A comparison of selected methods of surface modelling: an example of seabed surface. Research Bulletin No 59, Maritime University, Szczecin, pp. 74–79Google Scholar
- 5.Osowski S (1996) Neural networks in algorithmic form. Scientific Technological Publishers, Warsaw (in Polish)Google Scholar
- 6.Stateczny A, Lubczonek J (2001) Spatial sea chart — new possibilities of presenting navigational information. IS` International Congress of Seas and Oceans (vol 1), Mi@dzyzdroje, pp. 523–528Google Scholar
- 7.Stateczny A (1999) Spatial model of shape of sea bottom–as layer three-dimensional numerical sea chart. IX Scientific Technological Conference of Spatial Information Systems, Warsaw, pp. 317–323 (in Polish)Google Scholar
- 8.Stateczny A (2000) The neural method of sea bottom shape modelling for spatial maritime information system. In: CA Brebbia und J. Olivella (eds) Marine Engineering and Ports I I. WIT Press Southampton, BostonGoogle Scholar
- 9.Weintrit A (1997) Electronic navigational chart. Maritime University, Gdynia (in Polish)Google Scholar