Neural Networks in Updating of Dynamic Models with Experimental Verification
This paper presents the application of artificial neural networks in updating of dynamic models of engineering structures. There are presented examples of updating of two models: a model of a beam hung on two strings and a model of a portal frame. There are used multi-layer feed-forward networks and networks with radial basis function, the input vectors consist of preprocessed data obtained from the measurements done on a laboratory models of considered structures.
KeywordsTimoshenko Beam Laboratory Model Shape Ratio Portal Frame Aluminium Beam
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Friswell M.I., Mottershead J.E. (1996) Finite Element Model Updating in Structural Dynamics, Kluwer Academic Publishers, DordrechtGoogle Scholar
- 3.Waszczyszyn Z., Ziemianski L. (2001) Neural Networks in Mechanics of Structures and Materials — New Results and Prospects of Applications in Computers & Structures 79:2261–2276Google Scholar
- 4.Miller B., Ziemiaiíski L. (2001) Updating of Mathematical Models Using Neural Networks,Proceedings of 2nd European Conference on Computational Mechanics, vol I, 386–387, KrakowGoogle Scholar
- 5.Miller B., Ziemianski L. (2001) Updating of a Dynamic Model of an Aluminium Beam Using Neural Networks (in polish), Proceedings of V I School of Modal Analysis, KrakówGoogle Scholar
- 6.Miller B. (2002) Updating of Mathematical Models of Engineering Structures (in polish), PhD dissertation, Rzeszów University of Technology, RzeszówGoogle Scholar