Applications of Dependence Spaces
The dependence space models are applied to representation and investigation of domains with incomplete information. It is shown that various models of these domains can be uniformly. treated within the framework of the theory of dependence spaces. In particular, dependence spaces are constructed for contexts ([Wi1]), information systems ([Pa7]), decision tables. The problems are studied that arise in connection with discovery of knowledge from indiscernibility-type incomplete information. The algorithms are given for realisation of various relevant tasks. Among others, an algorithm for finding reducts of sets of attributes in an information system and an algorithm for reduction of a set of conditions in a decision table are presented.
KeywordsInformation System Classificatory System Relational System Decision Table Minimal Subset
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [Bil]Birkhoff, G.: Lattice Theory. Third edition, American Math. Society, Providence, (1984)Google Scholar
- [GJ1]Garey, M.R., Johnson, D.S.: Computers and intractability. A guide to the theory of NP-completeness. W.H. Freeman and Co., San Francisco, (1979)Google Scholar
- [Lil]Lipski, W., Jr.: Two NP-complete problems related to information retrieval. Fundamentals of Computation Theory. Lecture Notes in Computer Science, 56, Springer, Berlin, (1977), 452–458Google Scholar
- [MP1]Marek, W., Pawlak, Z.: Mathematical foundations of information storage and retrieval I, II, III. CC PAS Reports, 135, 136, 137, Warszawa, (1973)Google Scholar
- MP2] Marek, W., Pawlak, Z.: Information storage and retrieval system - mathematical foundations. CC PAS Reports, 149 Warszawa, (1974). Also in: Theoretical Computer Science, 1 (1976), 331–354Google Scholar
- [Mrl]Mrózek, A.: Rough sets and some aspects of expert system realization. 7th International Workshop on Expert Systems and their Applications, Avignon, (1987), 597–611Google Scholar
- Noll] Novotnÿ, J.: Application of information systems to evaluation of pedagogical research. (Czech). To appear in Sbornik praci pedagogické fakulty Masarykovy Univerzity (Publications of the Pedagogical Faculty, Masaryk University, Brno, (1993))Google Scholar
- Pal] Pawlak, Z.: Mathematical foundations of information retrieval. CC PAS Reports, 101 (1973), WarszawaGoogle Scholar
- [Pa2]Pawlak, Z.: Information systems. ICS PAS Reports, 338, Warszawa, (1978)Google Scholar
- [Pa3]Pawlak, Z.: Rough sets. ICS PAS Reports, 431, Warszawa, (1981)Google Scholar
- [Pa5]Pawlak, Z.: Systemy informacyjne, podstawy teoretyczne (Informa- tion systems, theoretical foundations). Wydawnictwa Naukowo-Techniczne, Warszawa, (1983)Google Scholar
- [Szl]Sza,sz, G.: Introduction to Lattice Theory. Academic Press, Budapest, (1963)Google Scholar