Aggregation of Linguistic Information Based on a Symbolic Approach
A summary on the symbolic basic arithmetic operators and aggregation operators of linguistic information developed by the authors is presented. In particular, label addition, label difference, product of a label by a positive real number, and convex combination of labels are shown as the symbolic basic arithmetic operators, and two aggregation operators of linguistic information built using those tools are described. The first one, called the Linguistic Ordered Weighted Averaging operator, is used to deal with linguistic information with equal importance, and the second one, called the Linguistic Weighted Averaging operator, is used to deal with weighted linguistic information.
KeywordsFuzzy Number Group Decision Aggregation Operator Generalize Label Linguistic Information
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.P.P. Bonissone and K.S. Decker, Selecting Uncertainty Calculi and Granularity: An Experiment in Trading-off Precision and Complexity, in: L.H. Kanal and J.F. Lemmer, Eds., Uncertainty in Artificial Intelligence (North-Holland, 1986 ) 217–247.Google Scholar
- 3.G. Bordogna, M. Fedrizzi and G. Pa’si, A Linguistic Modelling of Consensus in Group Decision Making Based on OWA Operators, IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics 27 (1997) 126–132.Google Scholar
- 7.M. Delgado, F. Herrera, E. Herrera-Viedma, M.J. Martin-Bautista and M.A. Vila, Combining Linguistic Information in a Distributed Intelligent Agent Model for Information Gathering on the Internet, in: J. P.P. Wang, Ed., Computing with Words (John Wiley Son, 1997 ). To appear.Google Scholar
- 8.M. Delgado, F. Herrera, E. Herrera-Viedma and L. Martinez, Combining Numerical and Linguistic Information in Group Decision Making, Information Sciences (1997). To appear.Google Scholar
- 13.F. Herrera and E. Herrera-Viedma, Aggregation Operators for Linguistic Weighted Information, IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics 27 (1997) 646–656.Google Scholar
- 15.F. Herrera, E. Herrera-Viedma and J.L. Verdegay, Aggregating Linguistic Preferences: Properties of LOWA Operator, Proc. 5th IFSA World Congress, Sao Paulo, 1995, 153–156.Google Scholar
- 20.F. Herrera, E. Herrera-Viedma and J.L. Verdegay, Consensus Based on Fuzzy Coincidence for Group Decision Making in Linguistic Setting, in: J. Kacprzyk, H. Nurmi and M. Fedrizzi, Eds., Consensus Under Fuzziness (Kluwer Academic Publishers, 1997 ) 121–146.Google Scholar
- 22.F. Herrera, E. Herrera-Viedma and J.L. Verdegay, Choice Processes for Non-Homogeneous Group Decision Making in Linguistic Setting, Fuzzy Sets and Systems (1997). To appear.Google Scholar
- 23.F. Herrera, E. Lopez, C. Mendaiia and M.A Rodriguez, A Linguistic Decision Model for Personnel Management Solved with a Linguistic Biobjective Genetic Algorithms, Technical Report 97119, Dept. of Computer Science and A.I, University of Granada (1997).Google Scholar
- 24.F. Herrera and J.L. Verdegay, Linguistic Assessments in Group Decision, Proc. Ith European Congress on Fuzzy and Intelligent Technologies, Aachen, 1993, 941–948.Google Scholar
- 27.H.M. Lee, Applying Fuzzy Set Theory to Evaluate the Rate of Aggregative Risk in Software Development, Fuzzy Sets and Systems 80 (1996) 323–336.Google Scholar