NPP Operator Support in Decision Making — Diagnostics of the Operation Failures Using Fuzzy Logic
In large complex systems such as nuclear power plants (NPP) and chemical industry plants, various subsystems fulfil the needs of process control and safety. Continued operation of these systems has both economic and safety implications. Electric utilities seek continuously to improve the operation of power generating stations. The improvement in the NPP Dukovany (4x440 MW) is related to the introduction of the plant to frequency control, meaning that the plant is operated not only in the base load operational mode but in the load follow mode as well. To achieve the improvement of plant operation, it was necessary to provide modifications to the plant control system, plant information system and diagnostics. This chapter deals with utilisation of artificial intelligence (AI) methods in implementation of these plant modifications.
KeywordsFuzzy Logic Nuclear Power Plant Reactor Power Operator Support Artificial Intelligence Method
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Computerization of operation and maintenance for nuclear power plants, IAEATECDOC-808, Viena, July 1995Google Scholar
- Development and implementation of computerized operator support systems in nuclear installations, IAEA-technical reports series No.372, Viena, 1994Google Scholar
- Rasmussen J., Skills, rules, knowledge: Signals, signs and symbols and other distinctions on human performance model, IEEE Trans. Syst. Man Cybern. SMC-13 3 (1983)Google Scholar
- Petruzela,I. Computer program for operator support in frequency control of NPP Dukovany, EGU Praha A–330–97–0016, Praha, 1997Google Scholar
- Nahi N.E., Estimation theory and applications, Wiley, New York, 1969Google Scholar
- Isermann R., Process fault detection based on modeling and estimation methods: A survey, Automatica, Vol. 20, 1984Google Scholar
- Novak V., Fuzzy modelling, textbook, Ostrava, 1998Google Scholar