Project Network Planning on the Basis of Generalized Fuzzy Critical Path Method
Project network planning problem with fuzzy durations of operations has been investigated. Two approaches to criticality analysis of operations classified as a path criticality and a float criticality ones are distinguished. It has been ascertained that both methods do not provide an efficient solution of the fuzzy network planning problem to full extent. A generalized fuzzy critical path method (FCPM) based on aggregation of the path and the float ones has been proposed. Advantages of generalized criticality degree using are demonstrated by numerical experiments.
KeywordsCompletion Time Critical Path Criticality Analysis Critical Path Analysis Crisp Case
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Chanas, S., Radosinski, E. (1976) Time pattern of activities performance in the light of fuzzy sets theory, Problemy organizacji 2, 68–76.Google Scholar
- 3.Buckley, J.J. (1989) Fuzzy PERT. In: Evans, G., Karwowski, W., Wilhelm, M. (Eds.), Applications of fuzzy set methodologies in industrial engineering. Elsevier, 103–114.Google Scholar
- 5.Ghanas, S., Kuchta, D. (1998) Discrete fuzzy optimization. In: Slowinski, R. (Eds.), Fuzzy Sets in Decision Analysis, Operations Research and Statistics. Kluwer Academic Publishers, Boston Dordrecht London, 249–280Google Scholar
- 6.Kamburowski, J. (1983) Fuzzy activity duration times in critical path analysis, Inter. Symp. On Project Management, New Delphi, 194–199.Google Scholar
- 8.Mares,M. (1991) Some remarks to fuzzy critical path method, Ekonomickomatematicky Obzor 4, 358–370Google Scholar
- 9.Slyeptsov, A. I., Tyshchuk, T. A. (1999) Fuzzy critical path method for project network planning and control, Cybernetics and System Analysis 3, 158–170Google Scholar