Fuzzy Setting of GA Parameters
Applications of Genetic Algorithms — GAs for optimization problems are widely known as well for their advantages and disadvantages compared with classical numerical methods. In practical tests, a GA appears as robust method with a broad range of applications. The determination of GA parameters could be complicated. Therefore, for some real-life applications, several empirical observations of an experienced expert are needed to define these parameters. This fact degrades the applicability of GA for most of the real-world problems and users. Therefore, this article discusses some possibilities with setting a GA. The setting method of GA parameters is based on the fuzzy control of values of GA parameters. The feedback for the fuzzy control of GA parameters is realized by virtue of the behavior of some GA characteristics.
KeywordsGenetic Algorithm Membership Function Fuzzy Logic Fuzzy Rule Fuzzy Control
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Goldberg, D.E.: Genetic Algorithms in Search, Optimisation and Machine Learning. Addison-Wesley (1989)Google Scholar
- 2.Buckle, T., Thiele, L.: A Comparsion of Selection Schemes Used in GA. 11K-Report (1995)Google Scholar
- 3.Matousek, R., Popela, P, Karpfgek, Z.: Some Possibilities of Fitness —Value —Stream Analysis. In: Proc. 4th International Conference Mendel ‘88, Brno (1998) 69–73Google Scholar
- 4.Klir, G.J., Yuan, B.: Fuzzy Sets and Fuzzy Logic — Theory and Applications. Prentice Hall (1995)Google Scholar
- 7.Back, T.: Evolutionary Algorithms in Theory and Practice, Oxford University Press, Oxford (1996)Google Scholar