Roughness Indicator Fuzzy Set
In the present paper, the author presents the idea of Roughness Indicator Fuzzy set, which is a fuzzy set associated with an approximation space, capable of indicating the amount of roughness present in the elements and thus she describes how fuzzy membership can be used as as a measure of roughness. The relationships between the different types of indices of fuzziness and the roughness measures are established. It is also observed that nearest ordinary sets play important roles in this case. Consequently, the concept of Roughness Indicator Fuzzy class is also proposed.
KeywordsFuzzy Membership Fuzzy Subset Approximation Space Roughness Measure Vague Concept
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 5.Dubois, D. and Prade, H. (1980) Fuzzy Sets and Systems -Theory and Applications. Academic PressGoogle Scholar
- 6.Novak, V. (1986) Fuzzy sets and their Applications. Adam Hilger.Google Scholar
- 7.Pawlak, Z. (1981) Rough sets basic notions. ICS PAS Reports. 436, Warsaw Univ. of TechGoogle Scholar
- 10.Pawlak, Z. (1991) Rough sets, Theoretical Aspects of Reasoning about Data. Kluwer Academic PublishersGoogle Scholar
- 11.Slowinski, R., Ed. (1992) Intelligent Decision Support Handbook of Applications and Advances of the Rough Sets Theory. Kluwer Academic PublishersGoogle Scholar
- 13.Zimmermann, H.-J. (1991) Fuzzy set theory and its applications. 2nd Ed. Kluwer Academic PublishersGoogle Scholar