Controller Applications Using Radial Basis Function Networks
Methods of designing a radial-basis-function-network-based (RBFN) controller and implementing it for servo controlling mechanical systems are presented. Focusing on the derivative of sigmoid function, we derive an RBFN controller by applying a differential operator to a neural servo controller. Applications for controlling a flexible micro-actuator and a 1-degree-of-freedom robot manipulator using RBFN controller are also described.
KeywordsSigmoid Function Radial Basis Function Network Convergence Factor Residual Vibration Rectangular Wave
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Kawato, M., Uno, Y., Isobe, M., and Suzuki, R. (1987), “A hierarchical model for voluntary movement and its application to robotics,” Proceedings of 1987 IEEE International Conference on Neural Networks, vol. IV, pp. 573–582.Google Scholar
- Jordan, M.I. (1989), “Generic constraints on underspecified target trajectories,” Proceedings of IJCNN89, pp. 217–225.Google Scholar
- Poggio, T. and Edelman, S. (1990), “A network that learns to recognize three-dimensional objects,” Nature, vol. 343, no. 18, pp. 263266.Google Scholar
- Yamada, T. (1997), “An application of radial basis function derived from neural network to servo control,” Proceedings of EUFIT ‘87, pp. 2074–2078.Google Scholar
- Sasaki, M. and Okugawa, M. (1995), “Motion control of a piezopolymer bimorph flexible micro actuator,” Journal of Robotics and Mechatronics, vol. 7, no. 6, pp. 467–473.Google Scholar
- Okugawa, M., Sasaki, M. and Fujisawa, F. (1996), “Robust motion control of a flexible micro-actuator using H control method,” Proceedings of the 11th KACC, pp. 397–400.Google Scholar
- Takahashi, K. and Sasaki, M. (1997), “Neural-network-based controller with application to a flexible micro-actuator (direct neural controller and its extension to an open-loop neural controller),” IEICE Transactions on Electronics, vol. 80, no. 2E-C, pp. 246–254.Google Scholar
- Takahashi, K., Yamada, T., and Sasaki, M. (1998), “A radial-basisfunction-network-based controller with application to controlling a flexible micro-actuator,” The Transaction of The IEE of Japan, vol.118-E, no. 1, pp. 14–21.Google Scholar
- Takahashi, Y. (1978), Systems and Control, Iwanami Shyoten, (in Japanese).Google Scholar
- Takahashi, Y. (1992), Adaptive Predictive Control of Nonlinear Time-Varying Systems using Neural Networks, Kagaku Gijyutsu Co.Google Scholar
- Takahashi, K. and Yamada, T. (1997), “A radial-basis-functionnetwork-based controller derived from a neural-network-based controller and its application to controlling mechanical systems,” JSME International Journal, series C, vol. 40, no. 1, pp. 42–51.Google Scholar