Fuzzy Logic and SPC
The use of statistical process control (SPC) procedures such as Shewhart charts has been one of the pillars of the quality revolution. The Shewhart charts display process data under test and provide statistical decision making tools to assess the process quality (Shewhart 1931). These simple charting methods have proven to be powerful tools for monitoring the ‘health’ of a process, for detecting special causes and events, and showing if the process in under control. In quality monitoring (Box and Luceño 1997) applications of process industry we must often use uncertain measurements and SPC is a good tool for handling them.
KeywordsControl Chart Control Limit Exponentially Weighted Move Average Statistical Process Control Quality Observer
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Shewhart, W.A. (1931): Economic Control of Quality of Manufactured Product, D. Van Nostrand, New York, USAGoogle Scholar
- Box, George, Lucefio, Alberto. (1997): Statistical control by monitoring and feedback adjustment. A Wiley-Interscience Publication. 327 pGoogle Scholar
- Papermaking Science and Technology - Mechanical Pulping, ed. Jan Sundholm (1999), Fapet Oy, Helsinki, FinlandGoogle Scholar
- Strand, B.C. (1995): The effect of refiner variation on pulp quality. In: International Mechanical Pulping Conference Proceedings, CPPA, Ottawa, pp. 125 - 130Google Scholar
- Myllyneva, J., Kortelainen, J., Latva-Käyrä, K., Nystedt, H. and Leiviskä, K. (1998): Hiertämön laatusäädöt [HILA] (Quality Control of the TMP-Plant). Final Report. University of Oulu, Control Engineering Laboratory, Oulu, 48 p. (in Finnish)Google Scholar
- Montgomery, D. C., (1991): Introduction to Statistical Quality Control, 2nd ed. John Wiley and Sons, New York, USA.Google Scholar
- MacGregor, J. F. (1988): On-line Statistical Process Control, Chemical Engineering Progress 84 (10), pp. 21 - 31Google Scholar
- DeVor, R., Chang, T. and Sutherland, J. (1996): Statistical Quality Design and Control. Macmillan Publishing CompanyGoogle Scholar
- Latva-Käyrä, K. (1998): TMP pulp quality monitoring, TTKK/MIT, Tampere, 83 p. (in Finnish)Google Scholar
- KCL-WEDGE, User’s Guide. KCL Development Oy. 121 p.Google Scholar