Industrial Applications of Soft Computing
In this paper two industrial applications of soft computing methodologies, developed by STMicroelectronics, are described. The main idea, in designing dedicated ICs based on soft computing paradigm, is to produce competitive devices characterized by high MIQ (Machine Intelligence Quotient).
KeywordsSoft Computing Cellular Neural Network Ultrasonic Sensor Turing Pattern Adaptable Fuzzy Controller
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.P. Arena, L. Fortuna, M. Branciforte, “Reaction-Diffusion CNN Algorithms to Generate and Control Artificial Locomotion”, IEEE Transaction on Circuits and Systems, I: Fundam Theory and Applic, Vol. 46 N2, pp. 259–266, Feb. 1999Google Scholar
- 3.R. Caponetto, G. Manganaro, L.Fortuna, M.G. Xibilia, “Chaotic System Identification via Genetic Algorithms”, 1st IEE/IEEE International Conference GALESIA, 12–14 September Sheffield UK, 1995.Google Scholar
- 4.R. Caponetto, M. Criscione, L. Fortuna, D. Occhipinti, L. Occhipinti, “Synthesis of a Programmable Chaos Generator, based on CNN Architectures, with Applications in Chaotic Communication”, CNNA ‘88, London UK, 14–17 April 1998.Google Scholar
- 5.R. Caponetto, M. Lavorgna, A. Martinez, L. Occhipinti, “Cellular Neural Network Simulator for Image Processing”, CNNA ‘88, London UK, 14–17 April 1998.Google Scholar
- 6.M. Lavorgna, L. Occhipinti, R. Caponetto, L. Fortuna, G. Di Bernardo, “Cellular Fuzzy Processor: New Architecture to explore Complexity in Locally Interconnected System”, IEEE Int. Conf. On Electronics Circuits and Systems Lisbon 7–10 Sept. 1998.Google Scholar
- 8.D. E. Rumelhart, McClelland, “Parallel Distributed Processing: Exploration in the microstructure of cognition”, pp.318–362, MIT Press, 1986.Google Scholar
- 9.G. M. Shepherd, “Neurobiology”, Oxford Univ. Press, third edition, 1994.Google Scholar
- 10.P. Arena, L. Fortuna, M. Branciforte, “ Reaction-Diffusion CNN algorithms to generate and control artificial locomotion” IEEE Trans. on Circuits and Systems in press.Google Scholar
- 12.P.Arena, L. Fortuna, and G. Manganaro, “A CNN for pattern formation and active wave propagation.” in Proc. European Conf. Circuit Theory Design, ECCTD ‘87, Budapest, Ungary, Aug. 1997Google Scholar