Order Relations and a Monotone Convergence Theorem in the Class of Fuzzy Sets on ℝn
Concerning with the topics of fuzzy decision processes, a brief survey on ordering of fuzzy numbers on ℝ is presented and an extension to that of fuzzy sets(numbers) on ℝ n are considered. This extension is a pseudo order ≼ K defined by a non-empty closed convex cone K and characterized by the projection into its dual cone K +. Especially a structure of the lattice is presented on the class of pyramid-type fuzzy sets. Moreover, we study the convergence of a sequence of fuzzy sets on ℝ n which is monotone w.r.t. the order ≼ K . Our study is carried out by restricting the class of fuzzy sets into the subclass in which the order ≼ K becomes a partial order so that a monotone convergence theorem is proved. This restricted subclass of fuzzy sets is created and characterized in the concept of a determining class. These results are applied to obtain the limit theorem for a sequence of fuzzy sets defined by the dynamic fuzzy system with a monotone fuzzy relation. Several figures are illustrated to comprehend our results.
KeywordsPartial Order Fuzzy Number Binary Relation Closed Convex Cone Dual Cone
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Diamond, P., Kloeden, P. (1994) Metric Spaces of Fuzzy Sets, Theory and Applications. World ScientificGoogle Scholar
- 3.Dubois, D., Prade, H. (1980) Fuzzy Sets and Systems: Theory and Applications. Academic PressGoogle Scholar
- 4.Furukawa, N. (1993) An order relation and fundamental operations on fuzzy numbers and their applications to fuzzy linear programming Bulletin Infor. Cybernetics 25, 161–179Google Scholar
- 7.Kaufmann, A., Gupta, M. M. (1988) Fuzzy Mathematical Models in Engineering and Management Science. North-HollandGoogle Scholar
- 12.Kuroiwa, D., Tanaka, T., Ha, T. X. D. (1997) On cone convexity of set-valued maps. Nonlinear Analysis, Theory and Applications 30, 1487–1496Google Scholar
- 13.Li, H. X., Yen, V. C. (1995) Fuzzy Sets and Fuzzy Decision-making. CRC PressGoogle Scholar
- 15.Novak, V. (1989) Fuzzy Sets and Their Applications. Adam Hilder, Bristol-BostonGoogle Scholar
- 18.Stowinski, R.:editor (1998) Fuzzy Sets in Decision Analysis, Operations Research and Statistics. Kluwer Academic PublishersGoogle Scholar