Multi Criteria Multilevel Transshipment Problem and its Software Support
The paper deals with problematic of solving of multilevel transshipment problem with more than one criteria function. There are two levels of such problem. First of them refers to a conversion of a multilevel transshipment model to a standard optimization transportation problem. For such purpose we use a special form of mathematical model, which is here described. Following problem deals with possibilities of solving the converted model using interactive multi criteria optimization methods, specially methods based on ALOP. Another part of our paper is oriented in software realization of such problem on a spreadsheet. For this purpose a special add in Excel module was developed. It includes as well conversion of a multilevel problem to a standard one as its interactive solving using ALOP method. Up to 5 levels transshipment problem with up to 4 criteria functions can be solved.
KeywordsCriterion Function Transportation Problem Penalty Cost Aspiration Level Software Support
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Anderson DR, Sweeney DJ, Williams TA, Loucks J (1999): An Introduction to Management Science: Quantitative Approaches to Decision Making. Southwestern Pub Co.Google Scholar
- Belenky AS (1998): Operations Research in Transportation Systems - Ideas and Schemes of Optimization Methods for Strategic Planning. Kluwer Academic PublishersGoogle Scholar
- Bell GHM, Yasunori L, Yasunori A, Yasunori I (1997): Transportation Network Analysis, John Wiley and Sons, Inc., New York.Google Scholar
- Broiovâ H., Marangon, F. (1997) Uno strumento informatico in ambiente MS Excel per l’analisi a molti objectivi. La gestione delle risorse agro-ambientali, working paper University of Udine, Udine.Google Scholar
- Broiovâ H., ubrt T., Houska M. (1999): Software Support of Multi Criteria Decision Making in Spreadsheets. In: Proceedings of the Mathematical Methods in Economics Symposium, VSE Praha, Jindrichüv Hradec.Google Scholar
- Cohon, J.L., Multiobjective Programming and Planning (1978), Academic Press, New York San Francisco London.Google Scholar
- Daskin MS (1995): Network and Discrete Location: Models, Algorithms, and Applications, John Wiley and Sons, Inc., New York.Google Scholar
- Fiala P. (1991): Problem Solving Methods in Multicriteria analysis, Diskusionsbeitrag Nr. 181, Feruniversitaet Hagen, HagenGoogle Scholar