Neuro-Fuzzy Control Applications: Looking for New Areas and Techniques?
Nowadays one can witness the development of fuzzy and neuro-fuzzy control systems going in two directions. The first one results in design of more sophisticated systems in traditional application areas such as home appliances, climate control, manufacturing as well as in advancement of the design theoretical knowledge. Another one constitutes an expansion of neuro-fuzzy control into new application fields in both engineering (telecommunications, first but not the least to mention) and non-engineering (business, social sciences) areas. The development of the second direction is very closely tied with an application of fuzzy methodology in data analysis and acquisition. One may note that both directions do not compete but complement each other.
KeywordsMembership Function Fuzzy Logic Radial Basis Function Median Error Fuzzy Control
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Brehm, T. and Rattan, K.S.,1993 Hybrid fuzzy logic PID controller. Proceedings of the IEEE 1993 National Aerospace and Electronics Conference. NAECON 1993 p. 807–13 vol.2, IEEE, New York, NY, USAGoogle Scholar
- Carpenter G. A. and Grossberg S., 1996 Learning, Categorization, Rule Formulation, and Prediction by Fuzzy Neural Networks In: Fuzzy logic and Neural Network Handbook/ed. C.H. Chen, McGraw-HillGoogle Scholar
- Hollinger J.G., R.A. Bergstrom, J.S. Bay, A Fuzzy Logic Force Controller for a Stepper Motor Robot, IEEE 1993, published in. Bay, A Fuzzy Logic Force Controller for a Stepper Motor Robot, IEEE 1993, published in “Fuzzy Logic Technology and Applications”, IEEE Update Series 1994.Google Scholar
- Homaifar, A.and McCormick, E.,1995 Simultaneous design of membership functions and rule sets for fuzzy controllers using genetic algorithms IEEE Transactions on Fuzzy Systems Vol: 3 Iss: 2 p. 129–139Google Scholar
- Kim J. and Zeigler B.P., 1996 Hierarchical Distributed Genetic Algorithms: A Fuzzy Logic Controller Design Application IEEE Expert, June 1996, pp. 76–84Google Scholar
- Lee, C.-C.,1990 Fuzzy logic in control systems: Fuzzy logic controller. IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics, vol. 20, No. 2, p. 404–435Google Scholar
- Lee, M.A. and Takagi, H.,1993 Integrating design stage of fuzzy systems using genetic algorithms Second IEEE International Conference on Fuzzy Systems, p. 612–617 vol.1, IEEE, New York, NY, USAGoogle Scholar
- Madau D.P., F. Yuan, L. I. Davis, Jr, L.A. Feldkamp, Fuzzy Logic Anti-Lock Brake System for a Limited Range Coefficient of Friction Surface, IEEE 1993, published in. Feldkamp, Fuzzy Logic Anti-Lock Brake System for a Limited Range Coefficient of Friction Surface, IEEE 1993, published in “Fuzzy Logic Technology and Applications”, IEEE Update Series 1994.Google Scholar
- Muller R., G. Nocker, Intelligent Cruise Control with Fuzzy Logic”, IEEE 1993, published in “Fuzzy Logic Technology and Applications,IEEE Update Series 1994.Google Scholar
- Patyra M.J. and D.M.Mlynek/Eds., 1996 Fuzzy Logic: Implementation and Application Wiley-Teubner, ChichesterGoogle Scholar
- Park Y-M., et. al.,1995 A self-organizing fuzzy logic controller for dynamic systems using a fuzzy auto-regressive moving average (FARMA) model. IEEE Transactions on Fuzzy Systems Vol: 3 Iss: 1 p. 7Google Scholar
- Pham, D.T. and Karaboga, D.,1993 Design of neuromorphic fuzzy controllers 1993 International Conference on Systems, Man and Cybernetics. Systems Engineering in the Service of Humans, p. 103–8 vol.4, IEEE, New York, NY, USAGoogle Scholar
- Reznik L.,1997 Fuzzy Controllers Newnes-Butterworth-Heinemann, OxfordGoogle Scholar
- Sato M., T. Kitagawa, T. Sekiguchi, K. Watanabe, M. Goto, “Fuzzy Logic Based Banknote Transfer Control”, IEEE, 1993, published in “Fuzzy Logic Technology and Applications”, IEEE Update Series 1994.Google Scholar
- Yager R.R and Filev D.P.,1994 Essentials of Fuzzy Modeling and Control. John Wiley & Sons, 1994Google Scholar