Reasoning and Analysis of Uncertainties within Command and Control Navigation Simulation Using Fuzzy Logic Petri Net
The main objective of this paper is to study and design a methodology to apply a fuzzy logic Petri Net approach to handle approximation and uncertainty within command and control navigation processes in a simulation environment. The design of this study is to provide a fundamental decision support system within a command and control object in a distributed simulation framework. In particular, due to inherent uncertainties within a navigation simulation strategy it is essential to design a system that uses intuitive approaches to navigation. In this investigation Petri Net is used as a simulation tool to explore the use of fuzzy logic in autonomous command and control within navigation problems. This framework also highlights the reasoning used to decide the most appropriate path from various navigation routes. The outcomes are beneficial in several areas including auto-navigation simulation within command and control systems.
KeywordsMembership Function Fuzzy Logic Radar Sensor Autonomous Helicopter Navigation Direction
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Jensen, K. (1995). Coloured Petri Nets, Basic Concepts, Analysis Methods and Practical Use, Vol. 1, 2 and 3 Springer-Verlag, Berlin, Heidelberg.Google Scholar
- 2.Peterson, J. (1977) Petri Nets, Computer Surveys, Vol. 9, No. 3Google Scholar
- 4.Takagi, T. and Sugeno, M. (1985) “Fuzzy identification of Systems and its applications to modelling and control”, IEEE Transactions on Systems, Manual, Cybernetics, SMC-15: 116–32Google Scholar
- 5.Zadeh, L, (1965) Fuzzy Sets, Inform. Contr.,8(3):388–353, JuneGoogle Scholar
- 8.Petri, C. 1962 Kommunikation mit automaten PhD dissertation. Bobb: Institut fur Instrumentelle Mathematik. (English translation: Communication with automata, Technical Report, RADC-TR-65–377, vol. 1, Suppl. 1. New York: Griffiss Air Force Base, 1966 )Google Scholar
- 9.Coa, T. and Sanderson, A. (1993) Variable Reasoning and Analysis about Uncertainty with Fuzzy Petri Nets, Proc. 14` h International Conference, USAGoogle Scholar