Criticality in the Network with Imprecise Activity Times
A review of the results obtained in the area of fuzzy network analysis is presented. The main approaches to the concept of criticality in a network with fuzzy activity times are described and classified. Against the background of this review some new results, obtained by the authors recently, are presented. The paper is an extended version of the work presented in IPMU’2000 (see ).
KeywordsFuzzy Number Critical Path Triangular Fuzzy Number Deterministic Case Critical Path Method
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.J. Buckley. Fuzzy PERT. In G. W. Evans, W. Karwowski, and M. R. Wilhelm, editors, Applications of Fuzzy Set Methodologies in Industrial Engineering, pages 103–114. Elsevier Science Publishers, Amsterdam-Oxford-New York-Tokyo, 1989.Google Scholar
- 2.S. Chanas. Fuzzy sets in few classical operational research problems. In M. M. Gupta and E. Sanchez, editors, Approximate Reasoning in Decision Analysis, pages 351–363. North-Holland Publishing Company, 1982.Google Scholar
- 3.S. Chanas. Fuzzy optimization in networks. In J. Kacprzyk and S. A. Orlovski, editors, Optimization Models Using Fuzzy Sets and Possibility Theory, pages 303–327. D. Reidel Publishing Company, Dordrecht Boston Lancaster Tokyo, 1987.Google Scholar
- 5.S. Chanas and E. Radosinski. A model of activity performance time in the light of fuzzy sets theory. Problemy Organizacji,2:68–76, 1976. In Polish.Google Scholar
- 6.S. Chanas and P. Zielinski. The computational complexity of the criticality problems in a network with interval activity times. European Journal of Operational Research To appear.Google Scholar
- 7.S. Chanas and P. Zielinski. Critical path analysis in the network with fuzzy activity times. Fuzzy Sets and Systems. To appear.Google Scholar
- 8.S. Chanas and P. Zielinski. Criticality in the Network with Imprecise Activity Times. In Proceedings of 8-th International Conference IPMU, pages 1233–1238, Madrid Spain, July 3–7 2000.Google Scholar
- 11.D. Dubois and H. Prade. Algorithmes de plus courts chemins pour traiter des donnees floues. RAIRO-Recherche Opérationnelle/Operations Research, 2 (12): 213–227, 1978.Google Scholar
- 12.I. Gazdik. Fuzzy network planning–FNET. IEEE Transactions on Reliability, R-32(3): 304–313, 1983.Google Scholar
- 13.J. Kamburowski. Fuzzy activity duration times in critical path analyzes. In Inter. Symp. on Project Management, pages 194–199, New Delhi, November 30 - December 2 1983.Google Scholar
- 22.C. V. Negoitä and D. A. Ralescu. Applications of Fuzzy Sets to Systems Analysis. Birkhäuser Verlag, Basel and Stuttgart, 1975.Google Scholar
- 25.A. I. Slyeptsov and T. A. Tyshchuk. Fuzzy critical path method for project network planning and control. Cybernetics and System Analysis, 3: 158–170, 1999.Google Scholar