On the Implementation of Fril++ for Object-Oriented Logic Programming with Uncertainty and Fuzziness
Uncertain and fuzzy object-oriented logic programming is a combination of logic programming, object-oriented programming, and uncertain and fuzzy logic to exploit the advantages of all three disciplines in dealing with real world problems. This paper presents our implementation of Fril++, the Frilbased uncertain and fuzzy object-oriented logic programming language. Fril++ syntax is introduced and related semantic issues, particularly, ones of uncertain multiple inheritance and uncertain membership evaluation, are discussed and solutions to them are proposed. The implemented compiler translating a Fril++ source program into a Fril target program is then presented with examples.
KeywordsLogic Program Logic Programming Message Passing Membership Degree Class Hierarchy
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Baldwin, J.F., Cao, T.H., Martin, T.P. and Rossiter, J.M. 2000. Towards soft computing object-oriented logic programming. In Proceedings of the 9th IEEE International Conference on Fuzzy Systems, pp. 768–773.Google Scholar
- Baldwin, J.F., Martin, T.P. and Pilsworth, B.W. 1995. Fril - Fuzzy and Evidential Reasoning in Artificial Intelligence. Research Studies Press.Google Scholar
- Baldwin, J.F., Martin, T.P. and Vargas-Vera, M. 1998. Fril++: object-based extensions to Fril. In Martin, T.P. and Fontana, F.A. (eds), Logic Programming and Soft Computing, Research Studies Press, pp. 223–238.Google Scholar
- Bordogna, G., Lucarella, D. and Pasi, G. 1994. A fuzzy object oriented data model. In Proceedings of the 3rd IEEE International Conference on Fuzzy Systems, pp. 313–318.Google Scholar
- Cao, T.H. 2000. Uncertain inheritance and recognition as probabilistic default reasoning. To appear in International Journal of Intelligent Systems.Google Scholar
- Jeffrey, R. 1965. The Logic of Decision. McGraw-Hill.Google Scholar
- Rossazza, J-P., Dubois, D. and Prade, H. 1997. A hierarchical model of fuzzy classes. In De Caluwe, R. (ed.), Fuzzy and Uncertain Object-Oriented Databases: Concepts and Models, World Scientific, pp. 21–61.Google Scholar
- Shafer, G. 1976. A Mathematical Theory of Evidence. Princeton University Press.Google Scholar
- Stroustrup, B. 1997. The C++ Programming Language (3rd edition). Addison-Wesley.Google Scholar
- Van Gyseghem, N. and De Caluwe, R. 1997. The UFO database model: dealing with imperfect information. In De Caluwe, R. (ed.), Fuzzy and Uncertain Object-Oriented Databases: Concepts and Models, World Scientific, pp. 123–185.Google Scholar