Fuzzy Difference Equations
Part of the Studies in Fuzziness and Soft Computing book series (STUDFUZZ, volume 91)
In this chapter we are concerned with solutions to the second order, linear, constant coefficient difference equationfor k = 0,1, 2,..., where a, b are constants with b > 0 and g(x) is continuous for x > O. The initial conditions are y(0) = γ0 and y(1) = γl. We will fuzzify the difference equation by considering fuzzy initial conditions , for triangular fuzzy numbers and .
KeywordsDifference Equation Fuzzy Number Classical Solution Partial Solution National Income
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- J.J. Buckley, Th. Feuring and Y. Hayashi: Fuzzy Difference Equations: The Initial Value Problem. J. Advanced Computational Intelligence. To appear.Google Scholar
- E. Deeba, A. de Korvin and S. Xie: Techniques and Applications of Fuzzy Set Theory to Difference and Functional Equations and their Utilization in Modeling Diverse Systems, in: C.T. Leondes (Ed.), Fuzzy Theory Systems, Vol. 1, Academic Press, San Diego, CA., pp. 87–110.Google Scholar
- The Fibonacci Quarterly, Fibonacci Association, Univ. Santa Clara, CA.Google Scholar
- S. Goldberg: Introduction to Difference Equations, John Wiley and Sons, N. Y., 1958.Google Scholar
- F.B. Hildebrand: Methods of Applied Mathematics, Prentice Hall, Englewood Cliffs, N.J., 1958.Google Scholar
- F.B. Hildebrand: Finite—Difference Equations and Simulations, Prentice Hall, Englewood Cliffs, N.J., 1968.Google Scholar
- W.G. Kelley and A.C. Peterson: Difference Equations: An Introduction with Applications, Second Edition, Harcourt/Academic Press, Burlington, MA, USA, 2000.Google Scholar
- V. Lakashmikanthan and D. Trigante: Theory of Difference Equations, Academic Press, San Diego, CA, 1988.Google Scholar
- K.S. Miller: Linear Difference Equations, W.A. Benjamin, N.Y., 1968.Google Scholar
- C.E. Shannon and W. Weaver: The Mathematical Theory of Communication, Univ. of Illinois Press, Urbana, Ill., 1949.Google Scholar
© Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2002