Multi-dimensional Aggregation of Fuzzy Numbers Through the Extension Principle
In this paper we propose the problem of obtaining a procedure to aggregate fuzzy numbers in such a way that the output is also a fuzzy number. To do this, we use the Zadeh’s Extension Principle applied to multi-dimensional numerical functions which satisfy certain conditions, obtaining multi-dimensional aggregation functions on the lattice of fuzzy numbers. Special attention is given to the case of trapezoidal fuzzy numbers.
KeywordsFuzzy Number Aggregation Function Product Order Trapezoidal Fuzzy Number Extension Principle
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Dubois, D.; Prade, H. (1993) Fuzzy Numbers: An overview. Readings in Fuzzy Sets for Intelligent Systems, Vol. I, pp. 3 - 39, Morgan Kauffman, San Mateo, CA.Google Scholar
- 3.Klir, G. J.; Yuan, B. (1995) Fuzzy Sets and Fuzzy Logic: Theory and Applications. Prentice-Hall, Inc.; New York.Google Scholar
- 4.Lowen, R. (1996) Fuzzy Set Theory. Kluwer Academic Publishers.Google Scholar
- 6.Mayor, G.; Calvo, T. (1997) On extended Aggregation Functions. Proceedings of the IFSA Congress, 1, 281 - 285.Google Scholar
- 7.Mayor, G.; Trillas, E. (1986) On the representation of some Aggregation Functions. Proceedings of the XVIth IEEE-International Symposium on Multiple-Valued Logic, 110 - 114.Google Scholar
- 9.Zadeh, L.A. (1973) The Concept of a linguistic variable and its Application to Approximate Reasoning I, II, III. Reprinted in Yager, R.R. et al. ( 1987 ) Fuzzy Sets and Applications: Selected Papers by L. A. Zadeh. John Wiley & Sons, Canada.Google Scholar