On the Variation of the f-Inequality of a Random Variable
In this paper we recall the definition of a generalized inequality index of a real-valued random variable, and present some new useful properties in which we analyze how this index varies in terms of the variable variation. This will serve us in a future to state set-valued inequality indices for certain random sets.
KeywordsConvex Function Variable Variation Inequality Index Fuzzy Random Variable Positive Random Variable
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Alonso, M.C., Brezmes, T., Lubiano, M.A. and Bertoluzza C. (2001) A generalized real-valued measure of the inequality associated with a fuzzy random variable. Int. J. Approx. Reason. 26, 47–66.Google Scholar
- 3.Cascos, I. (2001) Asymptotic Results on Inequality Indices for Radom Sets. Master Thesis. Universidad de Oviedo.Google Scholar
- 4.Colubi, A. (1997) The fuzzy f-inequality indices associated to a fuzzy random variable (in Spanish). Master Thesis. Universidad de Oviedo.Google Scholar
- 5.Csiszâr, I. (1967) Information-type mesaures of difference of probability distributions and indirect observations. Studia Scient. Math. Hung. 2, 299–318.Google Scholar
- 7.Gastwirth, J.L., Nayak, T.K. and Krieger, A.M. (1986) Large Sample Theory for the Bounds on the Gini and Related Indices of Inequality Estimated From Grouped Data. Journal of Business & Economic Statistics 4, 269–273.Google Scholar
- 8.Lubiano Gómez, M.A. (1998) Variation measures for imprecise random elements. PhD Thesis. Universidad de Oviedo.Google Scholar
- 10.Rockafellar, R.T. (1970) Convex Analysis. Princeton University Press.Google Scholar