Quest on New Applications for Dempster-Shafer Theory: Risk Analysis in Project Profitability Calculus
This paper is concerned with seeking new applications for the Dempster-Shafer Theory that are by their nature better suited to the axiomatic framework of this theory. In particular, wafer processing on a integrated circuits production line, chemical product quality evaluation etc. are considered. Some extensions to basic DST formalism are envisaged.
KeywordsDecision Variable Belief Function Bayesian Decision Quality Lattice Wafer Processing
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Klopotek M.A: Methods of Identification and Interpretations of Belief Distributions in the Dempster-Shafer Theory (in Polish). Monograph. Publisher: Institute of Computer Science, Polish Academy of Sciences, Warsaw,1998.Google Scholar
- 3.Klopotek M.A.: Dempster-Shafer theory.Encyclopedia of Mathematics. Supplement III. M. Hazenwinkel (ed). Kluwer Academic Publishers, 2002Google Scholar
- 4.Klopotek M.A., Wierzchon S.T.: Empirical Models for the Dempster-Shafer Theory. In Srivastava, R.P.; Mock, T.J., (Eds.): Belief Functions in Business Decisions. Springer-Verlag, volume 88 of the series “Studies in Fuzziness and Soft Computing, 2002Google Scholar
- 5.Shenoy P. P., A Comparison of Graphical Techniques for Decision Analysis. European Journal of Operational Research (1994)Google Scholar
- 7.Shenoy, P.P.: A Fusion Algorithm for Solving Bayesian Decision Problems. In Uncertainty in Artificial Intelligence, Proc. of the 7th Conf. 1991, pp 361–369.Google Scholar
- 9.Wierzcho S.T.: Methods of representing and processing of uncertain information within the framework of Dempster-Shafer Theory. Monograph. Publisher: Institute of Computer Science, Polish Academy of Sciences, Warsaw, 1996.Google Scholar
- 10.Wierzchon S.T., Klopotek M.A.: Evidential reasoning. An interpretative investigation. University of Podlasie Publishing House, Siedlce, 2002 304 pagesGoogle Scholar
- 11.Xu H., Hsia Y-T., Smets Ph.: Transferable Belief Model for Decision Making in Valuation-Based Systems. IEEE Trans. Systems, Man and Cybernetics (1995)Google Scholar
- 12.Xu H.: A Decision Calculus for Belief Functions in Valuation-Based Systems. In Dubois D., Wellman M. P., D’Ambrosio B. and Smets Ph. eds. Proc. 8th Uncertainty in Artificial Intelligence ( San Mateo, Ca.: Morgan Kaufmann, 1992 ) 352–359.Google Scholar
- 13.Yager R. R.: Decision Making under Dempster-Shafer Uncertainties, Iona College Machine Intelligence Institute Tech. Report MII-915, (1989).Google Scholar