Fuzzy Reliability Analysis of Concrete Structures by Using a Genetically Powered Simulation
The paper deals with the reliability assessment of concrete framed structures. Due to the uncertainties involved in the problem, the geometrical and mechanical properties which define the structural problem cannot be considered as deterministic quantities. In this work, such uncertainties are modeled by using a fuzzy criterion which considers the model parameters bounded between minimum and maximum suitable values. The problem is formulated in terms of safety factor and the membership function over the failure interval is defined for several limit states by using a simulation technique. In particular, the strategic planning of the simulation is here found by a genetic optimization algorithm and the structural analyses are carried out by taking both material and geometrical non-linearity into account. An application to a prestressed concrete continuous beam shows the effectiveness of the proposed procedure.
KeywordsLimit State Live Load Reinforced Concrete Structure Genetic Optimization Algorithm Load Multiplier
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Biondini F. Optimal Limit State Design of Concrete Structures using Genetic Algorithms Studi e Ricerche, Scuola di Specializzazione in Costruzioni in Cemento Armato, Politecnico di Milano, 20, (1999) 1–30.Google Scholar
- 2.Bojadziev G., M. Bojadziev. Fuzzy sets, fuzzy logic, applications. World Scientific (1995).Google Scholar
- 3.Bontempi F., P.G. Malerba and L. Romano A Direct Secant Formulation for the Reinforced and Prestressed Concrete Frames Analysis. Studi e Ricerche, Scuola di Specializzazione in Costruzioni in Cemento Armato, Politecnico di Milano, 16, (1995) 351–386 (in Italian).Google Scholar
- 4.Bontempi F., F. Biondini, and P.G. Malerba. Reliability Analysis of Reinforced Concrete Structures Based on a Monte Carlo Simulation. Stochastic Structural Dynamics. Spencer, B.F. Jr, Johnson E.A. (Eds.), Rotterdam: Balkema, 413–420 (1998).Google Scholar
- 5.Jang J.S.R., C.T. Sun, E. Mizutani. Neuro-Fuzzy and Soft Computing. Matlab Curriculum Series, Prentice Hall (1997).Google Scholar
- 6.Lin T.Y. Strength of Continuous Prestressed Concrete Beams Under Static and Repeated Loads. ACI Journal, 26 (10), (1955) 1037–1059.Google Scholar
- 7.Malerba P.G. (Ed.). Limit and Nonlinear Analysis of Reinforced Concrete Structures. Udine: CISM (1998) (in Italian).Google Scholar