Ring Hulls of Semiprime Homomorphic Images
We investigate connections between the right FI-extending right ring hulls of semiprime homomorphic images of a ring R and the right FI-extending right rings of quotients of R by considering ideals of R which are essentially closed and contain the prime radical P(R). As an application of our results, we show that the bounded central closure of a unital C*-algebra A contains a nonzero homomorphic image of A/K for every nonessential ideal K of A.
KeywordsHomomorphic Image Semiprime Ring Proper Ideal Injective Hull Central Closure
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- P. Ara and M. Mathieu, Local Multipliers of C*-Algebras, Springer Monographs in Math., Springer-Verlag, London, 2003Google Scholar
- K. Beidar and R. Wisbauer, Strongly and properly semiprime modules and rings, Ring Theory, Proc. Ohio State-Denison Conf. (S.K. Jain and S.T. Rizvi (eds.)), World Scientific, Singapore (1993), 58–94Google Scholar
- G.F. Birkenmeier, J.K. Park and S.T. Rizvi, Hulls of semiprime rings with applications to C*-algebras, PreprintGoogle Scholar
- G.F. Birkenmeier, J.K. Park and S.T. Rizvi, The structure of rings of quotients, PreprintGoogle Scholar
- J. Dixmier, C*-Algebras, North-Holland (1977)Google Scholar
- J. Lambek, Lectures on Rings and Modules, Chelsea, New York (1986)Google Scholar