Injective Morita Contexts (Revisited)
This paper is an exposition of the so-called injective Morita contexts (in which the connecting bimodule morphisms are injective) and Morita α-contexts (in which the connecting bimodules enjoy some local projectivity in the sense of Zimmermann-Huisgen). Motivated by situations in which only one trace ideal is in action, or the compatibility between the bimodule morphisms is not needed, we introduce the notions of Morita semi-contexts and Morita data, and investigate them. Injective Morita data will be used (with the help of static and adstatic modules) to establish equivalences between some intersecting subcategories related to subcategories of categories of modules that are localized or colocalized by trace ideals of a Morita datum. We end up with applications of Morita α-contexts to *-modules and injective right wide Morita contexts.
KeywordsFull Subcategory Dual Pairing Module Category Abelian Category Unital Ring
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [AF1974]F. Anderson and K. Fuller, Rings and Categories of Modules, Springer-Verlag (1974).Google Scholar
- [BW2003]T. Brzeziński and R. Wisbauer, Corings and Comodules, Lond. Math. Soc. Lec. Not. Ser. 309, Cambridge University Press (2003).Google Scholar
- [Cae1998]S. Caenepeel, Brauer Groups, Hopf Algebras and Galois Theory, Kluwer Academic Publishers (1998).Google Scholar
- [C-IG-TW2003]F. Castaño Iglesias, J. Gómez-Torrecillas and R. Wisbauer, Adjoint functors and equivalence of subcategories, Bull. Sci. Math. 127 (2003), 279–395.Google Scholar
- [CF2004]R. Colby and K. Fuller, Equivalence and Duality for Module Categories. With Tilting and Cotilting for Rings, Cambridge University Press (2004).Google Scholar
- [Fai1981]C. Faith, Algebra I, Rings, Modules and Categories, Springer-Verlag (1981).Google Scholar
- [Gol1979]J. Golan, An Introduction to Homological Algebra, Academic Press (1979).Google Scholar
- [HS1998]Z. Hao and K.-P. Shum, The Grothendieck groups of rings of Morita contexts, Group theory (Beijing, 1996), 88–97, Springer (1998).Google Scholar
- [Lam1999]T.Y. Lam, Lectures on Modules and Rings, Springer (1999).Google Scholar
- [Wis1991]R. Wisbauer, Foundations of Module and Ring Theory, a Handbook for Study and Research, Gordon and Breach Science Publishers (1991).Google Scholar
- [Wis2000]R. Wisbauer, Static modules and equivalences, in “Interactions between Ring Theory and Representation Theory”, Ed. V. Oystaeyen, M. Saorin, Marcel Decker (2000), 423–449.Google Scholar