Vladimir Maz’ ya: Friend and Mathematician. Recollections
It gives me great pleasure to write about Vladimir Maz’ ya whom I have known for almost forty years. For me his name is closely connected with Leningrad, its mathematical school and, particularly, with the name of Solomon G. Mikhlin, and I would like to begin my recollections a decade before I met Maz’ ya.
KeywordsStress Intensity Factor Sobolev Space Singular Integral Equation London Mathematical Society Maximum Modulus Principle
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Maz’ya, V. G., Sobolev spaces, Springer, 1985.Google Scholar
- Kozlov, V., Maz’ya, V., Differential equations with operator coefficients, Springer, 1999.Google Scholar
- Maz’ya, V. G., On the steady problem of small oscillations of a fluid in the presence of a submerged body, Proc. Semin. Sobolev. No. 2, 57–79, Novosibirsk, Inst. of Math. 1977.Google Scholar
- Maz’ya, V. G., Shaposhnikova, T. O., Theory of multipliers in spaces of differentiable functions, Pitman, 1985.Google Scholar
- Maz’ya, V. G., Plamenevskii, B. A. On the coefficients in the asymptotics of solutions of elliptic boundary value problems in domains with conical points, In: Elliptic boundary value problems, American Mathematical Society Translations, Ser. 2, vol. 123, 1984.Google Scholar
- Maz’ya, V. G., Nazarov, S. A., Paradoxes of limit passage in solutions of boundary value problems involving the approximation of smooth domains by polygonal domains, Math. USSR Izvestia 29, No. 3 (1987).Google Scholar
- Maz’ya, V. G., Shaposhnikova, T. O., Jacques Hadamard, a universal mathematician, American Mathematical Society and London Mathematical Society, 1998.Google Scholar